Discuss Esteemed Member Tag Now Available (Automatically Dished Out) in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

PMSL

As well as it being nearly 25 to tomorrow, you are taking this original good thread off topic again spoon.

How about you go get your head down and stop making my phone ping.

Your numbers, as with all numbers, are correct.

Move on now. Again. Last informal warning pal.

Have my suspicions -that No 5 let us down.
(!...Too much larking about -with a serious topic..!)
..sorry Dan.. ;)
(it was optimistically green -but maybe should have been Yellow --if enough colours were not available):):):) I blame Part P.

I'll recount the stats tomorrow for you all. But they're right I'm sure of it.

I have a running copy of the old forum.

Also, once the esteemed tag becomes too popular, I'd change the ratio. And like now it being too rare, I'd change the ratio.

Looks like I've broken something though so if it's not sunny tomorrow I'll work on that and the directory. If it's sunny, I'm off out for the day. Sod it. :D
[automerge]1566949366[/automerge]
Have my suspicions -that No 5 let us down.
(!...Too much larking about -with a serious topic..!)
..sorry Dan.. ;)
(it was optimistically green -but maybe should have been Yellow --if enough colours were not available):):):) I blame Part P.
No 3 and 4 were being abused on this forum. Those may have been switched to neutral. I'll take a look. Also certain forum categories don't count towards your totals on the old system and / or this system.

So you can't really compare apples with oranges.

Well, I did say the count was wrong. I think's its unfair to move the goalposts around as well.
The count wasn't wrong. It imported all positive ratings at the time of the import. Screen prints from some other time may not be correct. And don't tell you which ones were positive.

Also the aim of the tag is to have it rare and sought after. Not dished out to everybody. So as I play around with it to find a good balance, the ratios will be moved around. Hence me needing to "move the goal posts" in your favour. Because right now for you personally, you have two hopes of getting the tag. I'd just not worry about this tag mate and hope another one comes along that's easier to get. Because it will never be relaxed enough for that kind of ratio that you have.

I'll work on the directory some more later. And take a look into this esteemed ratio error we have. But I'm fooked if I'm going fish around the old forum to check see which tags had what weight and whether they were positive and negative etc.

You have what you have now. And it IS correct, I promise you. I manually imported them several times over the three forums. As I did a couple of test runs. And also broke a couple of live runs (you would remember us being down for a bit). So all in all did it a lot of times and got good at it lol

A simple thing like a 'like' import would have been one of the easier tasks I had to combat to transfer over our content.

Anyway. I'm not discussing it anymore. Keep the thread about the actual esteemed tag for me and I'll not keep sticking you in the baby monitor groups because I haven't got time for people to start a small war right now. I've got much much more important things to be getting on with for the sake of the forum as a whole. And not just the same 4 or 5 people that are left out of the clique.

That okay peeps? (rhetorical don't answer it). :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Alright I've had a look into this on the old system. The Agree and Disagree were NOT transferred over / made neutral. I think it's those that we discounted because of people abusing them.

The cliques (now slowly going so perhaps wont need to do something like that again) were following each other around clicking them which obviously alters the true figures.

It's funny for about a week. Then gets boring and alters true numbers.

The likes of Lucian and others who didn't have lots of those clicked, have near matching stats now.

I'm keeping an eye on what's being clicked on now. And I'll just simply add users who are abusing them to a usergroup that can't dish them out or receive them. Then they'll throw their dummy out the pram, and probably delete their own account. Or post a thread moaning about it and then say bye to get attention, like people do on facebook. But then that'll leave us with normal people.

It's all about the electrical advice peeps. :D

Edit: The system does appear to have broken though at the moment. So I'll rebuild it and reapply the tag once I've finished with more important things like the directory system on both here and plumbers.

Just a quick update on this

I've broken the system that automatically scans ratios. So I'm repairing it, it's right at the top of my list of things to do. Should be repaired before Monday. I've just got a lot on.

Thanks for your patience. :) :cool:o_O

What does the TA Badge mean? Territorial Army?
What does EF badge mean as well?
Electricians Forums

Electricians Forums
R I C...

Personally I think there should've been vote amongst members who should be entitled to esteemed member.
Don't rock the boat Mate things will settle down before you know it.

Thing is a lot of long standing members were here before the like system came into play.

So, all their posts before the forum had a "like" function are just weighing them down.

Maybe my last post now, but if the owner doesnt like you, with no reason, you're out.

Personally I think there should've been vote amongst members who should be entitled to esteemed member.
PMSL. You're about 12 years behind mate. We used to do that with a tag called Elite Member, Then VIP. Then Respected. All cliquey.

They're now dished out based on content and not who their mates are.
[automerge]1568491169[/automerge]
Thing is a lot of long standing members were here before the like system came into play.

So, all their posts before the forum had a "like" function are just weighing them down.

Maybe my last post now, but if the owner doesnt like you, with no reason, you're out.
Absolute -------s.

I haven't deleted or banned a member in years mate.

They delete themselves these days.

I'll close this thread it's run it's course.

The only ones going are the ones causing issues on the forum. And we help them by showing them where the delete it. But we don't do it anymore mate. Don't need to. It's too easy make them spit their dummy and click it lol
[automerge]1568491320[/automerge]

Rob is still butt hurt about losing his green tag for swearing at new members.

You're now in the Baby Monitor group so your posts wont go live before being checked. And I've told the mods not rush off the bog to check them for you. :)

You know where the delete button is matey. :D

See you later if you're off. - We wont have any of those "I'm going please nurture me" threads that end up with them never leaving lol

:D:D:D:D:D

Always been a -------- in my eyes you have, and you're still here mate. :D
[automerge]1568493192[/automerge]
Rob says he's off. Blames me apparently. I blame the drink. Once again I've said nowt but the truth lol

Bless the little sausage. :D

Last edited:

Reply to Esteemed Member Tag Now Available (Automatically Dished Out) in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock