Discuss exam results ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

got results yesterday and have passed. just the practical to take. any help welcome !!

Just dont panic,remember safety....prove test eqpt,isolate supply when removing lids etc
Few failed immediately at our test center due to forgetting to turn main switch off when removing db lid.
Dont forget to ask examiners permission to turn off supply,also ask extent of limitations.

I found visual test more difficult than actual test rig

Charlie pm me your email addy i got good checklist i will send you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chief examiners report is now out for the june exam,you can view it fom city guilds website...60% of people failed this exam

Well worth reding for anyone taking exam in future

Chief examiners report is now out for the june exam,you can view it fom city guilds website...60% of people failed this exam

Where on the website do you find this? Is there a link? I'd be interested to see the stats

just had the centre on where i took my 2391 and they said the magic words, "we are pleased to inform you that you have passed":D:D:D
result!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
all the hard work is finally beginning to pay off

Charlie,

If you have not already taken your practical, the other thing to remember that the examiner will look for is your lock off procedures for dead testing. Although you will most probably be working on a piece of wall about ten feet across you have to imagine it as being the length of an industrial unit and that you will not be close to the db in a real situation (unless you are very lucky).

If you have not taken it yet good luck, if you have taken it how did it go?

there were 6 of us took ours through our local college and after three months waiting I went down there today to see if my results had been lost in the post. NOT! was the resounding reply. All 6 are being remarked for some reason unknown. The results sre due on the 26th September the very morning I fly to Egypt for what was supposed to be a well earned RELAXING BREAK!! Nearly 4 months for results. -------s.

there were 6 of us took ours through our local college and after three months waiting I went down there today to see if my results had been lost in the post. NOT! was the resounding reply. All 6 are being remarked for some reason unknown. The results sre due on the 26th September the very morning I fly to Egypt for what was supposed to be a well earned RELAXING BREAK!! Nearly 4 months for results. -------s.
:mad: i took my 2391 on 17th july someone told me the results where out so i phoned my local college to check on the walled garden to see if i could find out if i had passed or not,then came the crushing reply ,we have printed off all the results for that date and you are not there for some reason we will ring you when we have spoken to city and guilds,6 hours later i get a call from the college c+g have no record of you sitting the exam and cant find your paper so i asked them what would happen if it couldnt be found ,oh he said they might give you a free entry for the next exam:mad::mad::mad: i really went to town on revision for that exam i answered every question and felt sure i had passed ,if the college have lost my paper i will be going down to rip someone a new one.----ers.:mad:

SORRY TO HEAR THAT PAUL.
I HAD MY LEVEL 3 2330 CERTIFICATES OVER 5 WEEKS AGO BUT 3 OF THE LADS I TOOK IT WITH STILL HAVENT GOT THERES AND THE COLLEGE HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHATS GOING ON.:mad:
IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN IN THIS DAY AND AGE WITH ALL THE CHECKS THAT THEY DO REGARDING PHOTO ID AND ID NUMBERS.:eek:
IF YOU WAS CHECKED IN BY THE INVIGILATOR THEN THEY MUST HAVE SOME RECORD OF YOU SOMEWHERE:confused::confused:
HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT OK FOR YOU

:(CHEERS FLUKEY ,IT IS ANNOYING TO SAY THE LEAST,YES I WAS CHECKED IN FOR EXAM AND SOME PRAT CHECKED MY I.D. DURING EXAM:confused:.HEY YOU NEVER KNOW,IF THEY CANT FIND IT AND I MAKE ENOUGH NOISE THEY MIGHT GIVE ME A PASS TO SHUT ME UP:D THEN AGAIN I WOULD RATHER PASS IT ON MERIT:)

The lunatics have taken over the asylum. No wonder failure rates are so high.

:(CHEERS FLUKEY ,IT IS ANNOYING TO SAY THE LEAST,YES I WAS CHECKED IN FOR EXAM AND SOME PRAT CHECKED MY I.D. DURING EXAM:confused:.HEY YOU NEVER KNOW,IF THEY CANT FIND IT AND I MAKE ENOUGH NOISE THEY MIGHT GIVE ME A PASS TO SHUT ME UP:D THEN AGAIN I WOULD RATHER PASS IT ON MERIT:)

Paul

The centre recieves a sheet with candidates on who are sitting the exam.

For the last exam, I had late entries. You send a copy of the sheet, with all of the exam papers to be marked, back to your deisgnated marking centre. The centre/collge keeps a copy of this sheet. With my late entries I manually wrote them in on the sheet.

Therefore:- I have an exact record of the students who sat the exam, and a record of which exam papers i sent for marking. The marking centre will have the other copy, which is their record of what they have recieved.

So there is an auditable trail for this.

Your college should be able to pull up their copy, to prove they sent the paper.

If they havent, then they are at fault, (and will probably still have the paper somewhere). If they can prove they sent it, then the marking centre (normally a regional university) is at fault.

Dont let them fob you off fella!:cool:

The possible reasons given, for the alleged re-mark, are our papers had been marked too loosely, too harshly or by someone who was new to the marking game and they have to be checked. but if this re-marking is planned why do I have to wait THREE MONTHS to discovr that I have to wait another month for my results. If i haven't passed I can't resit 'til December; will I have t wait 'til April for the results of that?? Sorry ; rant over. FA I can do about it

:( after a couple more calls to the college they are still waiting to hear back from c&g ,they reckon there is a whole batch that they gotta find:eek: knowing my luck somebody probably took mine home to mark it and his dog wiped his arse on it:eek::eek:.will keep you posted.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
BLIMEY, JUST READ THE CHIEF EXAMINERS REPORT FOR JULYS 2391 AND WAS SURPRISED TO SEE THE PASS RATE WAS ONLY 33%.:confused::confused:
GLAD I WAS IN THAT PERCENTAGE AND NOT THE 67% THAT FAILED.
LINK BELOW FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED;)

http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/ind_construction_electrical/2391-101-ce-report-200707.pdf
:rolleyes: how many beers you had flukey that report is for july allright :DJULY 2007:eek: I must admit to clicking on the link but was getting a bit worried as the examiner was talking about stuff i didnt remember answering then i read the date.:rolleyes:

Reply to exam results ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net