Discuss External LED tape termination in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

Were currently having a rear extention being built, after we will be having our garden landscaped. Our garden is on two levels, the steps and retaining wall will be made of timber sleepers with the top one having a slight overhang and I'd like to put led lights on the underside.

I've not had any previous experience with LED tape, question is what's the best way to discretly house and terminate the transformer/tape and what product would you recommend?

Thanks
Dunk

Schluter do all sorts of profiles, highly recommended as are their 24V LED tape and transformers, the transformers have to be housed in a waterproof area: Schluter Liprotec PB-AEEB Lighting Edge Profile - Brushed Stainless Steel Effect (Select Length) - https://lilleytileandstone.co.uk/schluter-liprotec-pb-aeeb-lighting-edge-profile-brushed-stainless-steel-effect-select-length.html
[automerge]1586447333[/automerge]
You will have to study their products a bit as they do different profiles with different lens's to allow downlight only or downlight and projection and different tape LED's to suit, it's not difficult, just takes some time.

Last edited:

Reply to External LED tape termination in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all can anyone recommend and decent external 24v led tape please . The length is the issue I think at around 10.5 metres ish. Supply from 1m...
Replies
Views
I have a problem. Not only am I not an electrician, but I need some help understanding what options are achievable so that I can go back to the...
Replies
Views
P
HI All I posted a thread a while back about a house purchase, where my wife and I are renovating. The sparks has just started to chase walls etc...
Replies
Views
Prizen
P
Evening all, What is the best way to discretely install LED tape under the front of stone slab steps like this: Is it best to run flexible...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all, I'm currently doing a load of landscape gardening and while I've got all the earth up I want to run an armoured SWA cable to an external...
Replies
Views
papafett
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock