Discuss Faulty Aqualisa shower in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

aqualisa

Hi , Any ideas why my electric aqualisa shower stopped working pls? If I go up to the loft and flick the white button on and off just once the shower works for a little while. Then stops again . Thanks . A

Hi , Any ideas why my electric aqualisa shower stopped working pls? If I go up to the loft and flick the white button on and off just once the shower works for a little while. Then stops again . Thanks . A
What have you got with a white button in the loft? Is this Shower an instantaneous type?

What have you got with a white button in the loft? Is this Shower an instantaneous type?Hi, The white button is an on and off switch, It is a power shower. Next to the white button there are covered electric boxes. Thanks

[QUOTE="aqualisa, post: 1557215, member: 120615"

The water is heated up separately . The shower is power shower only to create pressure not to heat the water , Thx

[QUOTE="aqualisa, post: 1557215, member: 120615"

The water is heated up separately . The shower is power shower only to create pressure not to heat the water , Thx
What is the white button? is it on the pump? could be a reset button, if yes the your pump has a fault, time to consult a Plumber or Electrician, post your location a Member may be able to help you out.

What is the white button? is it on the pump? could be a reset button, if yes the your pump has a fault, time to consult a Plumber or Electrician, post your location a Member may be able to help you out.
The white button stands on its own next to the covered electric boxes.

Assuming you have the digital pump in the loft, some of those were a faulty batch and are replaced free of charge if you have a service contract. Mine behaved just like yours, and the man came out, Chris from Aqualisa, top bloke btw, and interrogated it on his laptop, saw it had over 1000 restarts or something, and just fitted a new pump and all was well.
If you have the push button in the shower with a blue ring led round it, is this dim? If so, it's worth taking the button assembly apart and cleaning it and the contacts on the push-fit cable connector. If the led is brighter thereafter and the shower works ok, that's a simple fix.

[QUOTE="aqualisa, post: 1557224, member: 120615
Pls see pics taken in the loft. Thx

Attachments

• Faulty Aqualisa shower 20190726_174630 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190726_174630.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Faulty Aqualisa shower 20190726_174638 - EletriciansForums.net
    20190726_174638.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 27
Assuming you have the digital pump in the loft, some of those were a faulty batch and are replaced free of charge if you have a service contract. Mine behaved just like yours, and the man came out, Chris from Aqualisa, top bloke btw, and interrogated it on his laptop, saw it had over 1000 restarts or something, and just fitted a new pump and all was well.
If you have the push button in the shower with a blue ring led round it, is this dim? If so, it's worth taking the button assembly apart and cleaning it and the contacts on the push-fit cable connector. If the led is brighter thereafter and the shower works ok, that's a simple fix.
HI, It is an old shower so not covered by Aqualisa any more at all. PLs see pics taken in the loft. On and off push button switch in the shower itself lits up works ok . THanks

Attachments

20190726_174630.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 23
    20190726_174638.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 21
OK, the white switch in the loft is the isolator for the pump. Mine was in the bedroom next to the shower room. Switching it on and off cleared the problem for a short while. I think your pump is faulty, frankly...

First thing is to have the electrical connections checked .
Second , how old is the pump?
Hi, The pump is nearer to 10 years old . Pls see the pics taken in the loft. If i flick the white switch on and off once then the shower works for a short while. After that it stops working again . Thx

Attachments

20190726_174630.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 13
    20190726_174638.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 9
OK, the white switch in the loft is the isolator for the pump. Mine was in the bedroom next to the shower room. Switching it on and off cleared the problem for a short while. I think your pump is faulty, frankly...
Thank you Pirate

that's pirate, youse asking. he probably ended up with a choice of a glass of grog or a walk the plank.

Have spoken to Aqua Lisa in the past about an intermittent problem, they actually told me to turn the unit off completely for 30-40 mins which has worked for me previously on 2 occasions.

Have spoken to Aqua Lisa in the past about an intermittent problem, they actually told me to turn the unit off completely for 30-40 mins which has worked for me previously on 2 occasions.
Hi, How long did your shower work after you have turned it off for 40 minutes please? thanks

Not personally my shower, but both incidents were to do with the controls within the shower not working.

Haven't heard anything back from either client so assume all is well!

Reply to Faulty Aqualisa shower in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock