Discuss FCU at boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gas regs day there must be a 10mm earth connected within 600mm of the meter and before the first T.

I’m currently going through the gas safe process and I’ve never seen a more obvious example of using training to tax people as this.
electric regs. say withing 600mm of where the gas pipe enters the building. no mention of the meter.

Thread isn’t about where to earth the pipe, it’s the isolate the boiler part.

my house, 13 years old had the heating isolator next to the programmer in the utility room.... the boiler was through the wall in the garage. At the time there was no adjoining door, so if boiler engineer turned everything off at this isolator, he had to trust we wouldn’t turn it back on. (Or take the fuse away or whatever)

One point of isolation is less confusing, even if that is the mcb in the board.... which can be locked off

Reply to FCU at boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

At the moment it depends on the weather on how well the central heating works, the main problem is the Nest Gen 3 thermostat only measures the...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi. We are looking at installing a Wiser smart heating system inc. trvs We are currently electric only, with normal rads and a Heatrae sadia...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have recently replaced our central heating programmer with a Honeywell ST9400C. We now want to replace our old wireless room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock