Discuss Finishing Basement / Planning Circuits in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

btwint

DIY
Reaction score
Goodevening Everyone -

I need some advice and I appreciate your time to look at my question. I keep getting different opinions on this and I am struggling to get past the planning stage on the electrical portion of this project. I have read and heard it is wise to keep lights and outlets on separate circuits then I see others wire them together per room using a 15A circuit.

I have attached a layout of my basement. The full basement is around 1400 sqft. I have 13 available spots in my panel. I will be doing new HVAC for the basement which will have a heat pump and air handler in the basement and these will need to utilize part of the 13 available. The outdoor unit already has a spot on the exterior panel.

Below are my plans for each room which is labeled on the attached layout. Could I get some opinions on how you would layout the circuits for this. Any help and advice will be appreciated.

I am located in Greenville, SC if that matters for code compliance.

Media - Can lights, Sconces lights, ceiling mounted projector, a/v equipment
Rec 1 - Can lights, billard light, 3 - wall lights, possibly an arcade unit or two eventually
Office - Standard home office. Ceiling fan, computer, home ink-jet printer
Hall - Nothing special
C1 - This is where my panel is. Also this is where my home alarm and home network gear is
C2 - HVAC is located here. The outlet here is for a potential HVAC dehumidifyer
Rec2 - Sitting area, Can lights, Pendant lights, Large TV
Wet Bar - Couple of outlets, Will have a mini fridge
Bath - Standard bath room
Gym - Can lights, ceiling fan, treadmill
Gym Closets - Nothing special

Basement Layout - Electrical.png

Reply to Finishing Basement / Planning Circuits in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net