Discuss Fire Hoods in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

With the fire rated downlights is there a minimum distance they have to be from surrounding insulation etc

They're not allowed to be surrounded or covered but generally between floors there is no insualation and if they're being installed with insualtion above i just clear a space around them, although there are some good covers available that can be covered over with insualtion with the downlight underneath

Chaps

Its a new build so loads of room ,,,,, thing is there is 60 spots on this one grrrrrrrrr

The drawings state only ground floor needs them.

Yes there is insulation

He also wants led spots grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Any ideas on best price etc for the spots and hoods if needed ?

Reply to Fire Hoods in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm about to start first fixing this fire alarm in the industrial unit we are wiring, at the moment its totally empty and eventually will have a...
Replies
Views
Just saw a vid of someone putting in a CU on unistrut in a domestic property (why, i don't know), and one of the comments said it fails the regs...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I was called to a villa following a fire incident had happened. the Indoor AC, wall mounted split unit was partially melted and had...
Replies
Views
any BS 5839 experts know whether CO alarms should be connected to the smoke/heat alarm system ? after completing an efixx CPD it seems they should...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Wondering if I can get some advice. Basically I’m having exposed joist ceilings in my house and I’m in the process of slowly changing all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock