• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Fisher and Paykel Washing Machine - Lid Lock Issue in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could take an educated guess as to the source of the issue. My suspicion is that the switch/contact that registers a closed lid is faulty, or perhaps the controller circuit has failed somehow. But I have zero experience with washing machines, so my opinion counts for basically nothing.

The machine stopped working today, towards the end of a normal cycle (it was about to enter the spin phase)...we were alerted to the beep beep that happens when the unit is unhappy about something. When my girlfriend opened the lid, the drum was still half filled with water and the lid lock indicator was red (flickering occasionally), which should only happen when the lid is closed, apparently. Nothing we do will cause the machine to restart the cycle and even the power button does nothing in terms of shutting down the machine. We had to physically scoop the water out in order to drain it.

The model number is: DYT564733

Appreciate any help anyone might have.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Not necessary issue with lid lock , it just show you that there is an issue with washing machine did you check drain pump?

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Fisher and Paykel Washing Machine - Lid Lock Issue in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom