Discuss Focus 2006 MK2 - Fault Codes in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

My car (Focus 1.6 TDCI 2006) broke down today due to sudden loss of power on throttle pedal. The
car runs and drives perfect until the management light comes on and throttle pedal does nothing, car will only run at idle and this may last 2 minutes or may last an hour and will then respond to the pedal once again. RAC guy checked the alternator found it okay and upon using diagnostics tool found below fault codes:

P2458 Particulate filter Regeneration Duration
P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure – Too Low
UO155 Can data rom hybrid electronic cluster module not received by tcm
P1193 Throttle signal input
P1936 Clutch switch, brake pedal circuit, immobilizer ID does not match

He managed to erase all warnings and car is back to normal however he advised to speak to an Auto electrician for advise. He also said this will reoccur and can be dangerous if it happens on a motorway
:15:.

Someone advised me that these are common faults in Focus and needs clock changing in the dash panel. Is this true?
-- Are there any checks that can be made before proceeding with changing the clock?
Also, are these warnings related to the sensors or wiring?

Please advise
:confused:

From those codes I would suspect either your brake light switch or the clutch switch is faulty or it could be both as they usually cut or reduce engine fueling when pressed

Reply to Focus 2006 MK2 - Fault Codes in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock