Discuss Forum problem and all problems must be at least 25 characters in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Taylortwocities

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I try and post something I get this;

Anybody else?

Screenshot 2018-04-10 14.22.06.png

I get that as well, always happens mid-post. Or at the end of a post, when I send, I don't know if its gone or not, end up sending a duplicate.
What is it for?

Happens to me with photos and sometimes posts. Not always though so I guess it’s down to an individual session on the forum.

The forums make heavy use of AJAX. This uses connections to the server that occur in the background... like saving the draft of the post you are working on. When these requests occur they are subject to the same DDOS protection system as the rest of the site. I believe this uses a cookie which times out after a while (which is why you'll see 'Checking your browser' sometimes, but not every time.

So when that cookie timesout and the AJAX stuff makes a request (trying to save a draft whilst editing), that error will occur. As @Wilko stated, refresh the page (I normally select the text I'm working on and copy it just in case) and the problem will go away for a while.

61D29F9D-5733-4F4E-9E74-3EED7CC61813.png
Shun apparently - watch your head @Pete999 could have someone’s eye out with that thing!
Spam or near to the knuckle advertising?
Picure didn’t upload but suffice to say it’s a depiction of a pumped up member (not SWD this time!)
I think the forum doesn’t allow ‘copy’ or download.

View attachment 41726 Shun apparently - watch your head @Pete999 could have someone’s eye out with that thing!
Spam or near to the knuckle advertising?
Picure didn’t upload but suffice to say it’s a depiction of a pumped up member (not SWD this time!)
I think the forum doesn’t allow ‘copy’ or download.
Where did that come from?

Are you referring to the advert for ‘huh hum’ problems - can you see it too?
Where did that come from?
It was an advert that came up between posts - bit of a shock as it’s animated so ‘0 - 60 in 3 seconds’

It’s a dangerous game clicking on things - cookies and all the other stuff that sticks - this one linked to a ‘daily mail’ article but was obviously fake.
It was the animation that shocked!
Keep expecting somthing like that to pop up , for interacing with
"Male -Supplements " -While Reporting them !
( top ad ,does seem to be one of ones down the side -on PC )

Reply to Forum problem and all problems must be at least 25 characters in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net