Discuss Free gift for opening trade account in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Just opened a trade account with Howdens and was offered a Milwaukee 18v multi tool like this FOC
Free gift for opening trade account {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Milwaukee M18BMT-0 M18 Multi-Tool

I'll confirm the specs when I pick it up, but are these tools any good?
I am assuming it comes with a battery and charger

Just opened a trade account with Howdens and was offered a Milwaukee 18v multi tool like this FOC

Nice I’ll be dropping into Howdens to open an account then;)

We were contacted by Howdens awhile ago telling us they now stock Nest (I think, but could have been something different!!) and could undercut the electrical wholesalers.

I use it daily, it's a cracking tool. Get some quick release blades to make the most of the semi-quick release system.
Howdens do alright with the Milwaukee gifts. They gave me a 12v drill driver with batteries and charger when I opened an account 4 years back. Still use it today.

So is everyone elegiable if you open a trade account?

Do you need anything specific to open the account?

They usually ask you to make a purchase to activate your account. They suggest a tube of sealant off the counter.

I just bumped into the rep on a job. Filled out the form there and then. The freebie was going to be just a box of screwdriver bits, but he then says he had one of these multi tool left. Don't know if the offer is still open.
#6 - His suggestion to activate my account was a box of screws, not sealant.
#3 - Rep said they stocked Nest and Hive when I asked, as I am a Nest installer.

Is Milwaukee a good make? I have a dewalt drill/driver and my big SDS hammer drill is a Draper. How good are the batteries for lifespan?

I just bumped into the rep on a job. Filled out the form there and then. The freebie was going to be just a box of screwdriver bits, but he then says he had one of these multi tool left. Don't know if the offer is still open.
#6 - His suggestion to activate my account was a box of screws, not sealant.
#3 - Rep said they stocked Nest and Hive when I asked, as I am a Nest installer.

Is Milwaukee a good make? I have a dewalt drill/driver and my big SDS hammer drill is a Draper. How good are the batteries for lifespan?

I've had my original 3Ah 18V batteries for 6 years now and they still charge and perform fine.
I use combi drills, drivers, circular saw, SDS, torch, and multi tool in M18, and SDS and combis in M12. All performs really well. If you are getting any now go for the latest Fuel range in either M18 or M12, as the older stuff is quite dated now but the price difference is not huge if building up a kit.

I have got the Makita one and its absolute beauty of tool, I am sure you will get the battery and charger but the batteries and charger are normally worth more then the body itself.

Milwaukee can get a bit pricey for a tool that does the same job but you'll find advocates all over the place stating their reliability and durability. I personally like Makita because they tend to occupy the middle ground on price but have never let me down yet, unless you count not following me 20 miles down the A12 on their own when I left them behind a failing. :D

I opened an account at my local branch. I got a Milwaukee laser measure for opening my account. They offered me a choice of multi tool, driver bits or laser measure. I’ve already got a couple of multi tools, the bits were mostly Torx, which I wouldn’t have used. I didn’t have to buy anything to activate the account either!

Milwaukee can get a bit pricey for a tool that does the same job but you'll find advocates all over the place stating their reliability and durability. I personally like Makita because they tend to occupy the middle ground on price but have never let me down yet, unless you count not following me 20 miles down the A12 on their own when I left them behind a failing. :D

Not as pricey as some think. I recently got the new Fuel M18 combi for ÂŁ112 body only, batteries can be got as cheap as ÂŁ60 for M18 5Ah, and my newest toys are a M12 combi drill and SDS double set with charger and 2 x 6Ah batteries for ÂŁ240. All those are inc vat and delivery.

Some tools are very dear in the range though I agree that, but only the larger more heavy duty stuff.

If you want over ÂŁ100 of free power tools the least you could do is show your face. It'll be down to account managers to distribute these goodies and not a computer.

Reply to Free gift for opening trade account in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock