Discuss full house audio system in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

justanoob

hi just wondered if someone could help i got a customer that wants full house audio but not too sure which i should use best as this will be a first for me thay asking for all system to be not visible if possible just ceiling/ in wall speakers and diferent zones so can play different in one room to another and volume controls, on off in the rooms too. Thank you in advance and look forward to your help

Hello

I do lots of audio systems of this type so can gladly help you out. Similar to any installation there are different products for each budget but the best is probably a system called sonos.

My friend is a dealer and gets the units at a good rate and its easy to install and configure. I usually go for ceiling speakers as they are nice and discrete but sound great.

Your customer will need to tell you how many zones need to be independently controlled as this dictates the cost of the system. The user then can use an app on their phone, iPad, laptop etc to control the audio system, works great.

PM if you want more detailed info, I could knock you up a kit list and do a wiring diagram to make this first install much easier for you.

+1 for Sonos. The best unit for you will be the Sonos amp with ceiling speakers. Ive fitted a few of these with Blue cube ceiling speakers and the sound is fantastic.

If you do go for these I would also get a NAS to store all the ripped music and Itunes etc so they don't have to have a pc on to access their music library.

Heard good things about Sonos. There's also quite a cool system by allen and heath called iDR. Probably more expensive as it's just the main brain of the system but incredibly powerful and is used in venues too. You'd then need the amps and speakers too.

Hi there. Sonos every time for me and the customers all love it. Great thing with sonos is that iPads/iPhones/android phones can be used as controllers so many users can add to a playlist individually at the same time. Great for parties etc where guests can add music of their choice to the music list. Ceiling or wall speakers a must we usually cable back to central point and locate the zone players here and usually use a multi output amp that allows different music outputs for different zones. Also a good quality nas drive for the music. Sonos have also just launched a fantastic sound bar for tv's top bit of kit. Been using sonos for several years now and it's still the best for the price range and use. Have installed it my own house and we love it.....

Thank you to everyone that replied and gave some great info can someone plz tell me what is good high grade speak wire and not n how do i know if it is quality or just a salesman saying its quality cheers

When I wire up PA system installs, I try to use van damme cable. It's amazing stuff but pricey. To be honest though, simple 2-core mains flex is fine. From amp to speaker, that is, as all it is is a high current signal meaning no interference will happen.

For signal cables, just get a screened cable with 2 cores inside the screen. The ground will be the screen.

100w/channel hi-fi. deep purple or pink floyd cd. all doors open. no problem. ( cept when her indoors comes back from shopping and says turn that bloody thing down. no taste these women)

Sonos has worked wonders for me recently too but all goes no budget really. Main thing is to future proof cable wise if its hard wired.
I have done loads recently with cables between all rooms to include hdmi, cat5, cat6, toslink, speaker cable for bi wiring between remote av reciever and local living room amp etc etc. Ceiling speakers dot co dot uk always look after me but they cant do much on recievers or amps. I get lots of sonos, polk, systemline, monitor audio etc and they will advise if you send plans over. Hope you got further with your project.

hi just wondered if someone could help i got a customer that wants full house audio but not too sure which i should use best as this will be a first for me thay asking for all system to be not visible if possible just ceiling/ in wall speakers and diferent zones so can play different in one room to another and volume controls, on off in the rooms too. Thank you in advance and look forward to your help

would you like me to help you design a household system and select the parts needed (as well as the cheapest places to buy them) that won't be a problem just let me know and I will get a list of speakers etc written up for you to give you an idea...

The installation of audio system in the house require special care. As its wiring should be underground and fully secure. The speaker should be well set on the corners.

would you like me to help you design a household system and select the parts needed (as well as the cheapest places to buy them) that won't be a problem just let me know and I will get a list of speakers etc written up for you to give you an idea...

Sorry to hijack the thread, didn't want to start a new one, I am going to be installing some audio in both my kitchen and lounge soon. Looking at maybe sonos in the kitchen but would like to run this through a couple of ceiling speakers if possible. For the lounge I'd like to play music but also use it for surround sound from the TV, again ideally through ceiling speakers. I am based in Kilmarnock but work mostly in Glasgow. You seem pretty knowledgeable on the subject so was wondering if you'd be willing to help me out also. Thanks.

Reply to full house audio system in the Home Media Centre Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock