Discuss Garage power in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Y

YTSOxford

Hi, I have just finished wiring a garage. I usually go back to the consumer unit and split the tails and have a 40A RCD unit, connected to Armoured cable, which would then run to the garage to another RCD board, and make the garage its on TT system..... THIS job though, I have no choice but to spur off the ring. This garage is not detached and I used a 30ma RCD fused switched spur. My long winded question is , "Does this comply to the new regs". I was confident it does, Zs passed etc... but the client has been told be someone that it doesn't. Just neededing some advice, without getting the red bible out and giving myself a headache.

IF the garage is fed from an RCD f/s then i dont see anything wrong at all.

Only prob may arise if they are putting load heavy items for eg wash machine & tumble dryer and want to use both at the same time. This could overload the 13a fuse.

Other than that fine.

Ask the customer if the 'other person' who commented, could supply you with a reg no to back themselves up.

That normally shuts em up:D

I sure does!! :) Things like this always throws me, cos I can't reel the regs off the top of my head. The loading should be fine, the kitchen is the only place where they will have the washing machines etc, and its on its own seperate ring. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Garage power in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock