Search the forum,

Discuss Garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Newsome3

I've a job booked in for Monday a garage
There after two sockets and two wall lights
I was planning on running it to a new conser unit I'm house to a little two way consumer I'm garage on a 6mm SWA
The client has now got back to me and said they mo longer want the c/u changing in the house
What way round do I have now?

run from the incoming side of the house CU, 40A MCB to SWA< then "garage board" with RCD+ 16A(or 20A) +6A,

if it was me I. would split the tails in the house. fit a small 1 way board with main switch and mcb. no need for rcd at this end as it is swa cable. fit a 2 way board in garage with rcd in it.

Reply to Garage in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just wanted to know which people use. My case. Client converting attached garage into new rooms. Consumer Unit has to move to accomodate this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, just helping someone out and apologies for the long winded post. Would like install a couple of weatherproof double sockets on the patio. 1...
Replies
Views
Hi all, currently doing a job at a house where there are 3 switches In the hallway to control the hall lights. All 1 gang switches, one at...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Can I ask you a DIY question? I'm refurbing a detached garage and adding a garden building. Garage currently has a submain supplied by...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back