Discuss G'day! Making a big move... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

Australian Electrician here,
Even though we're in crazy times at the moment. I'm making the move with my Partner from Sydney to the Republic of Ireland soon, and am hoping to learn as much as I can about my change of scenery on this forum.
Also been scouring the internet for some information on how to use my Australian Electrical License to apply for an Irish Electrical License. If anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Padrag

Welcome to the forum.

Living in Scotland, I can’t really comment on a move from Australia to Ireland....
But it begs the question.. “ why would you?”

You know it rains there? A lot... it’s cold, windy , and the natives talk funny....:oops::rolleyes:;)

I would try contacting/search NARIC, they are the people who assist in "translating" foreign qualifications into domestic qualifications. Is that N.I. of South you are heading for?

Good morning, welcome to the forum! That is quite a big move, are you all prepared?

I would try contacting/search NARIC, they are the people who assist in "translating" foreign qualifications into domestic qualifications. Is that N.I. of South you are heading for?

I think so mate, I'll check them out! Thank you!

Hi @Padrag

there is a regular contributor on here called @Risteard Who operates in this country. I expect he’ll be along shortly.

you can start a conversation with him via his profile page.

Appreciate the hookup! Hoping to hear from them soon!

Good morning, welcome to the forum! That is quite a big move, are you all prepared?

As prepared as I can be I think. I honestly don't think it'll feel real until i'm over there. For now its just a lot of excitement and nerves!

Reply to G'day! Making a big move... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net