Discuss General rant about the standards of driving these days! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the general standard of driving going down hill? I had a 'little' commute home yesterday, from Irvine in Scotland to just north of Cardiff. I get really fed up of the number of 'CLODs' (Center Lane Only Drivers) that travel on motorways. I'm tootling along on the inside lane with nothing in front of me apart from cars doing 60 in the middle lane. I have the option of passing on the inside with the risk that they just might realise that they can use that lane or go from the left lane to the third lane, pass, then back to the left lane. Why can't they just go into the left lane? At road works, they sit in the middle and outside lanes doing 45 while I'm doing 50 in the inside, again, with no other traffic. CLODs really pi$$ me off! Another pet hate, people not waving or flashing when you stop to let them through. Happens a lot around here. A row of parked cars, you stop to let a car coming towards you through and they just stare blankly as they go past, not the hint of a 'thank you' wave or flash of the lights. And don't get me started on the number of reps I see on a motorway doing paper work as they drive. I've even seen guys with paper work on the steering wheel as they drive.
Oh I feel better after that rant. Just got the drive back up to Scotland tomorrow to look forward to now.

soz. baddegg had to give a funny for that post. just hope you not boiled over yet.

she offered her honour; I honoured her offer; and all night long it was on her and off her.

Is it just me or is the general standard of driving going down hill? I had a 'little' commute home yesterday, from Irvine in Scotland to just north of Cardiff. I get really fed up of the number of 'CLODs' (Center Lane Only Drivers) that travel on motorways. I'm tootling along on the inside lane with nothing in front of me apart from cars doing 60 in the middle lane. I have the option of passing on the inside with the risk that they just might realise that they can use that lane or go from the left lane to the third lane, pass, then back to the left lane. Why can't they just go into the left lane? At road works, they sit in the middle and outside lanes doing 45 while I'm doing 50 in the inside, again, with no other traffic. CLODs really pi$$ me off! Another pet hate, people not waving or flashing when you stop to let them through. Happens a lot around here. A row of parked cars, you stop to let a car coming towards you through and they just stare blankly as they go past, not the hint of a 'thank you' wave or flash of the lights. And don't get me started on the number of reps I see on a motorway doing paper work as they drive. I've even seen guys with paper work on the steering wheel as they drive.
Oh I feel better after that rant. Just got the drive back up to Scotland tomorrow to look forward to now.
Agree mate a lot of ignoramuses on the road these days, manners out the window, blow you Jack I'm OK thank you very much, worst culprits apart from Lady Drivers, Taxis, Buses, delivery men and my next door neighbor but two.

The trouble today is selfish driving, no signal etc, just want to get to A, stuff the rest.!!
They don't seem to teach people how to drive with manners these days either. Are indicators an optional extra on some cars?

They don't seem to teach people how to drive with manners these days either. Are indicators an optional extra on some cars?
As my Lad puts it, did they buy the car wit or without the TW-T pack

You need to buy some 2mm bore green/yellow sleeving the pleasure of its aesthetic neatness makes you chill out.
The problem with that is you tend to loose track of your driving if you are busy thinking of how you should have put that bend just there instead of where you actually put it.

i don't get many problems. when they see a 15 year old van with a few dents coming at them at 60mph, they usually get out of my way.
Yes mate but that's a luxury vehicle where you come from, more than likely with only 3 wheels:tongue:

Agree mate a lot of ignoramuses on the road these days, manners out the window, blow you Jack I'm OK thank you very much, worst culprits apart from Lady Drivers, Taxis, Buses, delivery men and my next door neighbor but two.
If that's the case I think I may have met your next door neighbor but two :eek:

When I drive I tend to ignore other people's actions not to the point of it affecting mine and others safety though because it just doesn't matter.

Reply to General rant about the standards of driving these days! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock