Discuss Getting fully qualified? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Whitey-Ford

Just need some advice really if anyone can help? I'm an electrical Improver... I have City in Guilds electrical Installation levels 2 & 3 2330 17th edition and believe it's time to go for my electricians ECS card.

Some people are saying to me that I now need to do an NVQ then my AM1, So taking photos on site of my work and writing about it etc then sending it away to get marked. Others are saying that because I have my level 3 all I need to do is the AM1 and I will be qualified.

To my understanding, I always thought I had to do levels 2 and 3 then do like a three month on site NVQ then the Am1... Gahhh! I don't know! :( Lol.

Can any body help? Thanks in advance. Whitey!

AM1 hasn't existed in years. It's the AM2 you're thinking of. This forms part of the NVQ so if you are able to complete the NVQ without doing the AM2 then you won't need the AM2. As for on-site NVQ the NVQ is a work-based qualification and so is assessed on site with a Portfolio of Evidence completed (including site visits).

Reply to Getting fully qualified? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys I am currently on the NVQ 2357 on my way for the AM2 and get fully qualified, at the moment i am doing private jobs, on the NVQ 2357 they...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just joined the site Iam a trainee electrician currently have my 18th edition and doing my level 2/3 diploma I have been working...
Replies
Views
Hi to everyone, this is my first post so if is been already asked/answered please guide me to the relevant discussion/thread. I don't know...
Replies
Views
C
CTE Services are looking for a third year apprentice/newly qualified electrician to join the company. Based in Yaxley, CTE Services have multiple...
Replies
Views
CTE Services LTD
C

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock