Discuss Gland SWA to BESA box (conduit box) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

happysteve

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Random Friday night question (tin hat on)... you can do this, right (gland SWA directly into a BESA box)? Splice to singles in the box using Wagos or similar. In terms of mechanical integrity and electrical continuity of the cpc, no different to using couplers etc... (although, different metals)?

It just seems such an obvious thing to do, but a Google image search (and a search through the forum) yields very little. I can't decide whether I've missed summat obvious, or it's so common that no-one feels the need to comment on it.

Thanks all. :) Was pretty sure... like I said it's a pretty obvious thing to do, but could find no evidence of it in text books, college notes etc. I've not got a specific job in mind, Simon, was just thinking about stuff. :)

Thanks all. :) Was pretty sure... like I said it's a pretty obvious thing to do, but could find no evidence of it in text books, college notes etc. I've not got a specific job in mind, Simon, was just thinking about stuff. :)

Here's a pic. This method came in handy for a LED highbay job in a warehouse with our Klik bases mounted on the boxes. The boxes were fastened to the J sections the cables were run in.
2014-10-23 16.14.24.jpg

Reply to Gland SWA to BESA box (conduit box) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All. What is the best/preferred method when connecting 20mm conduit to a back box of a socket on an outside wall ? I am connecting a BG...
Replies
Views
J
Hi. I have recently completed a garden lighting installation comprising of the following. i have installed a 3 core 1.5 swa from the inside of...
Replies
Views
J
A customer has 2 lights on a 30m circuit in 1.5mm swa which is buried half way round the perimeter of the garden and the lights are spurred off it...
Replies
Views
mogga
M
Anyone know a good way of sealing an an entry to a PVC conduit box to make it water tight? What I'm wanting to do is use PVC conduit for an...
Replies
Views
E
I think I've Posted this before, but I've just updated it. Some of the sparks where I work still get a little confused of what the different areas...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock