Discuss Going rate for 2330 level 2 and 3 qualified in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ewan D

-
Reaction score
Hi there,
I qualified with city and guilds level 2 and 3 6 years ago. The job (AV industry) I thought i was going to lose at that time didnt actually happen. I still have it- at the moment.
I continued to do domestic work with sparkies i know every so often throughout the years since qualifying, so am fairly confident and can be left on my own working. I havent changed a fuseboard since training back then and havent done the new regs exams. I would look to get the new regs under my belt if it helped to get better money.
Times have changed and I may have to look at going full time sparky again. The guys I know who I occasionally work for do not have enough work for me for full time.... So it leaves me to ask: what money could I expect if I go looking for work? Im Bristol based , own car (not van but that could be arranged) and own tools.
Are there any questions you have that could help you understand my skill set more which in turn would help in suggesting the rate I could get?
Many Thanks!

Do you have your NVQ level 3 and AM2?
Not to pee on your chips but with you doing your level 2 and 3 only 6 years ago, without those 2 qualifications and the 18th as a minimum the best you can hope for is to be an electricians mate. Still get up to £12.50 a hour if your decent in the city.

not sure from OP if you are looking for a job or seeking self-employed status. if the latter, you should be looking at charging £30 - £40 per hour.

Reply to Going rate for 2330 level 2 and 3 qualified in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock