Discuss Going rate for adult trainees, electricians mate, labourers etc in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Wanted to put it out there and get some idea of what people are really paying / being paid for various roles..
I am quoting at present for some very good projects which will require more hands if i get them, mainly new build installs for a small high end boutique developer I know in bath, have been fitting his ev chargers until now but has asked me to quote as he wasnt impressed with the quality on a recent project and wants to look at other contractors.

What is the going rate for
Adult trainees (such as those paying for own training ie 2365 L2/L3, wanting hands on experience rather than formal apprenticeship?)
Adult apprentices - as a lot of companies pay above the legal minimum
electricians mate/ labourer -

Have seen some adverts for electricians mates in the area for £25 per hour! I know sparks who only just get that when on the books...
That said I know general labourers in Bath and Bristol asking for £180 per day and they aint short of work.

I am happy to pay a fair and good rate to get a good quality person, somebody who isn't as daft as a rigid paint brush and has some common sense. they will not know everything, neither do i. we all keep learning, but somebody who is willing to get stuck in, listen and get the job done correctly, no short cuts. difficulty is knowing what is the right amount...

General labourer aint worth £180 a day unless he is more than that and has his own tools etc . And in Bristol all they will do is chat ---- and smoke dope .! Doing decoration prep work, ripping out . Assisting in running cables etc . £150 a day .

Wish I was getting that!
which is exactly my point the pay is so hit and miss and all over the place....

I know a company who hire the sparks out at £60+vat per hour yet they are all on no more than £20 per hour... which explains why the boss lives in a huge house, most of them are young just qualified which might explain it but still ...

Wanted to put it out there and get some idea of what people are really paying / being paid for various roles..
I am quoting at present for some very good projects which will require more hands if i get them, mainly new build installs for a small high end boutique developer I know in bath, have been fitting his ev chargers until now but has asked me to quote as he wasnt impressed with the quality on a recent project and wants to look at other contractors.

What is the going rate for
Adult trainees (such as those paying for own training ie 2365 L2/L3, wanting hands on experience rather than formal apprenticeship?)
Adult apprentices - as a lot of companies pay above the legal minimum
electricians mate/ labourer -

Have seen some adverts for electricians mates in the area for £25 per hour! I know sparks who only just get that when on the books...
That said I know general labourers in Bath and Bristol asking for £180 per day and they aint short of work.

I am happy to pay a fair and good rate to get a good quality person, somebody who isn't as daft as a rigid paint brush and has some common sense. they will not know everything, neither do i. we all keep learning, but somebody who is willing to get stuck in, listen and get the job done correctly, no short cuts. difficulty is knowing what is the right amount...
Christ they are some expensive labourers and well paid sparks on the cards. Is that the going rates around your area? They are nothing like that here

I pay my regular labourer £200 a day and he can be left alone to do the work, I trust him, I have tried cheap labourers but they were useless

If I were looking for a sparks that I could leave on-site to work solo doing new builds I would would pay £300 per day for the right person.

A decent college leaver who can do most things unassisted and be left for a few hours I would pay £200 per day in line with my labourer

Im my area of Surrey thats about the ball park where you would have to pay to get decent workers

You could pay less but in my experience you only get what you pay for and if you want good workers you have to pay good wages

New builds you can get a couple lads in on price work and make some good profit if you get good people to work for you

Reply to Going rate for adult trainees, electricians mate, labourers etc in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock