• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
small job on in afternoon. replacing under cabinet lights in kitchen and swapping some halogens for LED. then a swifty on way home. weather sunny but cold.

Last edited:
Thanks @telectrix :)

You know those under cabinet lights, what type would you recommend I get?

Maybe InstyleLED do some? (Damn it, what's their username I can't tag them in!)
Edit: @john watts - I was searching for In-Style LED lol My bad.

Last edited:
try here for a selection:
[automerge]1573207255[/automerge]
i like these as you can select warm or cool white.

try here for a selection:
[automerge]1573207255[/automerge]
i like these as you can select warm or cool white.
Thanks mate I'll take a look. I have some from Amazon, but when the kettle boils near them, they detach from each other and one cuts out. Starting to wonder why I got something I use daily off of Amazon. Was asking for it really. lol

Thanks mate I'll take a look. I have some from Amazon, but when the kettle boils near them, they detach from each other and one cuts out. Starting to wonder why I got something I use daily off of Amazon. Was asking for it really. lol
nothing to get steamed up about. :p :p :p

Free hair cut this morning at the local hair training college , lovely girl who took her time and did a very decent job in only her second year...

Currently trying to get six firework displays loaded in to vans, crews organised, briefed and despatched to their various jobs.

Then later I'll be setting up/supervising one of those six displays.

After that the real fun starts, packing it all up and unloading six vans full of dirty smelly equipment, cleaning it and putting it away.

If we could just move firework season into the summer months it would make it a lot nicer!

Just did DGA and moisture tests on four transformer oil samples. The rest of the day is free :)

Up to my neck working through the pile of quotations and certificates that have accumulated on my desk. Been at it since 10 am and still not finished. I hate paperwork.:(

I've been to the dentists this afternoon, and I've read its going to chuck it down tomorrow. Which is a shame cos I'm on call, and work place leaks like a 'bad word'!

morning has gone, so has the afternnon. nows evening, sirloin steak and chips washed down with real ale, documentary channel on TV. bed about 9pm. lie in tomorrow till 10am, boring maybe, but relaxing.

Been a busy day today running errands and stuff. Tomorrow going up to York to see my stepmum.

Nipped up the A3 to Sandown Park, bacon butty and peruse round Elex. 1pm pub lunch then picked myself up an old Renault Kangoo van so I can finally have an official tip for all my kit. :eek:

I was tied up in meetings most of the day, I've won a contract for a string of care homes so been dealing with that along with a couple of commercial and industrial rewires.
Today got a cheeky lay in while 8.
My morning will consist of copious amounts of coffee and I just need nip out to my sister's pet shop to stock up on goodies for Jack.
A couple of contracts to read through and then chill out for the rest of the weekend.

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back