Discuss Google pay-per-click/ad words in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Not yet but I've had £50 starter voucher through my door so I'll be giving it a go soon, It will be good to hear how many lads have had success with add words.

Cheers

Yes and no. I've had mega success with another business in a different industry. It doesn't work in this industry because of generally high bids, short term bidders who don't understand adwords blowing all their budget in one day (but a load of them doing it every day), and large lead generating websites dominating the field. Just go into google and type in: electrician leeds (or wherever you live), and see how many ads are from far away or lead generators. Then go into the google adwords tool and see how much it's going to cost to be there. If you are going to do it be very selective with your keywords, perhaps just one or two, and focus on these only. Use them in your website, your blog, your social media and your email signature, and use a comprehensive approach.

However, with the right approach to website design, search engine optimisation and keyword selection you can be at the top of google without spending a penny on google adwords.

I am on page one (at or very close to the top) for 'electrician malvern'.

Cost me very little apart from a few choice keywords in titles, headings and content.

Linked to it a bit as well.

Adwords are crap for our industry - unless you have mega bucks.

I am on page one (at or very close to the top) for 'electrician malvern'.

Cost me very little apart from a few choice keywords in titles, headings and content.

Linked to it a bit as well.

Adwords are crap for our industry - unless you have mega bucks.

About half way up/down when I just performed the search which is lust about right in my opinion as I wouldn't necessarily go for those listed at the top anyway:thumbsup

If your in a very competitive area (like a large city) they can be a worth while investment as reaching the top spot in Google would cost a fortune. if your in a non competitive area however i would invest the same money in getting to the top for your local area.

How does that work then?

Being at the top of google organic search (ie. not using paid adwords) costs nothing except for some sensible web design, quality back links and keyword density.

Being at the top of google paid adwords in a competitive city costs shed loads.

Getting to top of results is fairly easy with a few hours of work:

Work out which search terms you want to rank for- for me it was simply 'electrician malvern'

Then include that in your page title - my title is: 'SGS Electrical Services Malvern | Electrician Worcestershire'
also include it in your page headings where appropriate - My heading is - 'Welcome to SGS Electrical Services Malvern'

include those words in your main page content - but be careful not to overload it.

Link to your webpage from friends blogs your own blog and social media
Link to your webpage from Web directory's (there are thousands of free ones)
upload a video to youtube - put your site link in the description - you do not need to add this video to your website.
create a google places tag for your business - Will take 2 - 3 weeks to be verified and make sure you enter your correct address details!
In all I have about 200 - 300 links to my site (a blog will produce many many links)

MOST IMPORTANT:

Be patient - web optimisation takes time it is not instant, after doing all that expect about a 3 month wait.

The more online competition you have in your area/search term the more optimisation will be required, I was lucky I don't think any electricians know anything about the tinterweb in my area.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally I think its important that your site is well put together in the first place as after all even with adwords bringing you customers they still have to want to use your services.

in some areas it can be more difficult as a number of companies will have put in the work already to reach top position. one extra problem is that not every one controls there own website so it can cost for the few changes.

Adwords can be very very expensive but it is a ok way to get seen in those hard to reach areas of the internet.

I would advise if your thinking of spending a good amount of money on a adword campaign its worth talking to an expert. try to look for some one that is a google engage partner or some one who is adwords certified.

so yeah I would first get your site so it will get people to spend and ranks at least for your companies brand before you even think about adwords and if you control your web site and have some spare time its always worth doing some SEO on your site.

I just looked, I'm on the 1st page for " electrician Liverpool " must be all those free index sites I registered with... Down side - sales calls ... Lots of them

PPC is only for advanced internet marketers. For a newbie, is waste of your time. There are many things a newbie should learn first, to even think that he can make money with PPC campaigns. Yes you can earn good money but also you can lose a lot. Be careful. You can contact some marketing company if you are new to all this.

Reply to Google pay-per-click/ad words in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock