Discuss Got 3000 posts or more? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

If it was called The 'regular contributors ' forum I wouldn't be wound up..it's the stupid 3000 posts thing that is getting me wound up its cobblers ..everyone knows it is ..but they have painted themselves in to a corner now haven't the balls to admit it's a bad call.

J

I'm not much bothered about this, but I would have thought that, if there's going to be a restricted area for high posters, it ought to be based on the number of "likes" and "thanks" received. Then someone posting rubbish would never qualify and someone with consistently good posts would benefit.

From what I can gather the 3000+ forum has been created to encourage regular high posters to post suggestions on how the forum can be improved. The thought behind this being that as they trawl so many threads and post so many replies these are the guys that "should" be seeing most how the forum is performing.

So if you have a high post count you are best placed to suggest forum improvements, I'll have to think about that one

Let's ask the less than 3000+ club what would encourage them to post more or are they happy with the status quo

What next analysing post counts to receive higher status in individual forum sections. May be we should all welcome every new member that would increase every bodies post count substantially but just fill the forum with junk

I subscribe to other forums where unnecessary quotes, unnecessary posting and posts are removed for server efficiency and to reduce server space constraints and costs. There comes a point where searching for useful content is compromised with useless drivel

Becoming an interesting debate this one and increasing the post count so there is a positive :):):):)

Got 3000 posts? Then you're in!
Top Secret Stuff... and eventually, some special discounts and competitions. Our thanks for contributing 3000+ posts to the forum.

Perhaps it's an incentive to prove to a potential buyer that the forum is BOOMING in order to receive a more attractive sale price?

Who knows? I've learnt that the forum that I used to frequent has not so recently been sold out to a company that now spams the forum with nothing but adverts. Used to be a close knit community where a number of members attended shows and meets on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, it does not matter what you title the top secret forum and what the criteria is for qualifying for that specific forum there will always be a member/s not happy with the decision. One thing I have realised since first discovering forums is that someone is always unhappy.

Perhaps there should be another forum specifically made for certain members... "The jumped up electrical a88hole" there's more than a few that would qualify for that forum lol

My view is that there is nothing wrong with having forums with restricted access but perhaps there could have been a little more consideration/discussion for members to post ideas as to who qualifies and who doesn't???

It's a lose, lose situation for the Mods/Admin.

Perhaps on the other hand this is where the NEW moderators will be selected from? lol

Perhaps there should be another forum specifically made for certain members... "The jumped up electrical a88hole" there's more than a few that would qualify for that forum lol

ha ha ha ha ...PMP's !
J

Its going to be a lonely thread at 3000+! I don't see the point in answering posts if somebody has already given the correct answer why keep repeating. I will just start to cut and paste other peoples response's.

I don't see what your all gripping about , not everyone can get in the arms , not everyone can get into the trusted advisors section not everyone can get into the mods and admin section , it's only another section and at 3000 posts , you must have been around a while even if its just saying hi or telling a joke.

if we were all the same it would be boring or the tillers forum

3000 really why ???? Why not 10000, or 1999 ? Where is it written that 3000 posts denotes a significant contribution ? Your own post proves the point pick a number, any number it means nothing other than 'someone' has plucked a completely random number and this number is based on what ? Post quality..no..shear guess work !
J
Shouldn't the number of posts be 2391?

I don't see what your all gripping about , not everyone can get in the arms , not everyone can get into the trusted advisors section not everyone can get into the mods and admin section , it's only another section and at 3000 posts , you must have been around a while even if its just saying hi or telling a joke.

if we were all the same it would be boring or the tillers forum

So if you tell 2000 jokes 500 posts of inane drivel and 500 posts of tosh you get in ?
no one can see the folly of this ? I say again, have a special sub forum for outstanding contributors, I have no issue with that, I certainly wouldn't expect an invite, but admission to such a forum should be based on a persons actual contribution to electrical issues, there are blokes on here that have way less than 3000 posts but are outstanding contributors, if no one can see why post count admission is so wrong then I despair I really do, last time I looked this was an electricians forum not the comedy club..
J

Oh dear, I just joined after thinking this looks like a good place and already from a few posts i see there are elitist elements here

Bit like the Masons i suppose....

where did I say I had contributed "1000 quality posts" Another curve ball, from you, I got banned once, at least I have a pair and tell people that are ****s that they are ****s, 3000 posts or not you have started a personal attack on me,go grow a pair.
Who the hell are you to be analysing my posts ? Are you a mod ? No, just a Brown noser ...

J
Why are you demanding that I explain myself then? You're the one starting personal attacks here; if you believe the forum is going downhill as much as you claim, why do you keep coming here? The forum would be a much nicer place without poisonous trolls like you bringing down the tone.

Oh dear, I just joined after thinking this looks like a good place and already from a few posts i see there are elitist elements here

Bit like the Masons i suppose....

Interesting to know what your real identity is ;) lol

The mods have the powers to see and may request you choose your usual or your newly created account :)

PS Welcome to the forum, it's a great place but don't expect to be happy with EVERYTHING posted on the forums :thumbsup

Reply to Got 3000 posts or more? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net