Discuss Got 3000 posts or more? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Instead of post counts why dont we look at the amount of likes and thanks that members have? I think that is a true reflection of that persons contribution to the forum. After all its the members that give the likes and thanks.

It's just as easy to 'fake' than posting spammy posts. At least when we see spammy posts we can alter post counts or erase posts. We wouldn't know what a genuine thank or like was based on though so would have to assume they are being thanked genuinely.

The 3k thing will work. Just needs a bit of time for this lot to cool off a bit.

Anybody would think they want to get in there they way they're banging on about it.

****** Hides under cover *******

Dan why are you so adamant in going ahead with this 3000+ plus thing when there has been so much negativity amongst forum members. It seems you had your mind made up you were going to introduce it and screw who ever disagrees.
Reading through this thread there are many good ideas being presented by forum members but are just being side stepped then you wonder why all the animosity.

I've not commented on this yet as its not something I'm that interested in but to put my hat in the ring, the only thing the 3000+ members have to discuss in there room is other posters......, it will just be a place for them to pick post apart ripping people that don't have the knowledge or post count they do. Think about it what else do they have to discuss? Zs readings maybe, look at topics in the arms a few threads come to mind about people's posts, now imagine that's about you!!!! Unless you get to 3000 posts you'll never find out I suppose...

Remember guys it's just an Internet forum and the rooms aren't real............…

kind regards Alex

Alex, if the 3000 section turns into a slagging off of members I'm out.

Theres nothing of the sort in there at the moment and I dont think ther ever will be. So far all we are doing is suggesting things about the running of the forum and its nothing that I/we haven't said in the main forums anyway.

I was just about to say the same Paul. I've always said there's nothing I'll ever say that I wouldn't say to someone's face, if the forum did ever degenerate into a bitch fest I'd never come back

Alex, if the 3000 section turns into a slagging off of members I'm out.

Theres nothing of the sort in there at the moment and I dont think ther ever will be. So far all we are doing is suggesting things about the running of the forum and its nothing that I/we haven't said in the main forums anyway.

With all due respect look at your post in the arms regarding quotes of the day......

Good idea of Dans to get input from senior/long standing members on how to improve forum , so why not just pm certain members for idea's instead of creating this new forum which has upset many to say the least.
Any good idea's thrashed out could then be aired in the forum then maybe a poll ,
just thinking out loud really would like to hear other members views.

With all due respect look at your post in the arms regarding quotes of the day......

Fair point.

That thread was started at a certain time of the year when we got an influx of a new type of member and it snowballed from there. I believe its the biggest thread in the Arms(or 2nd) and no one has complained about it yet? Besides we are debating the "topic" and not "the person" as such.

Fair point.

That thread was started at a certain time of the year when we got an influx of a new type of member and it snowballed from there. I believe its the biggest thread in the Arms(or 2nd) and no one has complained about it yet? Besides we are debating the "topic" and not "the person" as such.

Biggest thread for the electriciansforum is that!!!!, says a lot I suppose.

Fair point.

Also paul I'm only replying to your comments, I'm sure you ment no harm but my point is things as you say snowball and get out of hand intentionally or not.....and before you know it your singling out members for ridicule.

I've not commented on this yet as its not something I'm that interested in but to put my hat in the ring, the only thing the 3000+ members have to discuss in there room is other posters......, it will just be a place for them to pick post apart ripping people that don't have the knowledge or post count they do. Think about it what else do they have to discuss? Zs readings maybe, look at topics in the arms a few threads come to mind about people's posts, now imagine that's about you!!!! Unless you get to 3000 posts you'll never find out I suppose...

Remember guys it's just an Internet forum and the rooms aren't real............…

kind regards Alex

Perhaps some will discuss other posters, I don't really know.
Myself no, I do not partake in such practices.

As paul said that thread is more about the subject matter than anything else and I can't think of any time a regular member has made an appearance on it except for Strima and me and we both put ourselves on there so no big deal is it.

As paul said that thread is more about the subject matter than anything else and I can't think of any time a regular member has made an appearance on it except for Strima and me and we both put ourselves on there so no big deal is it.

Sorry trev but i disagree the thread is just a baiting pit whereby people are ridiculed for asking basic questions on an open forum, the name of the thread says it all, would it not be easier to make any poster over 3000 a mod if all thats talked about is the moving forward of the forum?

Well if we're talking about baiting pits, what do you think this thread has turned into since you put up your post at #83?
Maybe some of the guys with over 3000 posts wouldn't want to be mods, maybe we have not been asked, maybe there is no need for any more. All I know is this turning into a very divisive antagonistic thread so as they say on a well known TV programme, I'm out.

Well if we're talking about baiting pits, what do you think this thread has turned into since you put up your post at #83?
Maybe some of the guys with over 3000 posts wouldn't want to be mods, maybe we have not been asked, maybe there is no need for any more. All I know is this turning into a very divisive antagonistic thread so as they say on a well known TV programme, I'm out.

So i'll keep my comments and views to myself you mean? and when a poster says I dont behave that way but he clearley does I should keep my mouth shut?, Im struggling with the whole forum disscusion thing it seems.

Sorry trev but i disagree the thread is just a baiting pit whereby people are ridiculed for asking basic questions on an open forum, the name of the thread says it all, would it not be easier to make any poster over 3000 a mod if all thats talked about is the moving forward of the forum?
I disagee, it is more to do with a moan about posters who ask advice, then take umbrage with the advice given.
It probably wouldn't be a good idea to make me a mod, as I'd probably just delete any posts that disagree with mine.

I disagee, it is more to do with a moan about posters who ask advice, then take umbrage with the advice given.
It probably wouldn't be a good idea to make me a mod, as I'd probably just delete any posts that disagree with mine.

Your free to disagree as am I, not intrested if people dont like my comment it's true, and if anyone does doubt it go and look through the comments.

Of course I'm free to disagree.
That's my purpose in life.
I just don't understand why there is this antagonism towards the 3000+ section.
For me the forum works as it is.
Yes there's a couple of sections where access has to be requested, so what?
Now there's a section that can only be accessed when X amount of posts have been made, again so what?
To me this whole thing is nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.

Of course I'm free to disagree.
That's my purpose in life.
I just don't understand why there is this antagonism towards the 3000+ section.
For me the forum works as it is.
Yes there's a couple of sections where access has to be requested, so what?
Now there's a section that can only be accessed when X amount of posts have been made, again so what?
To me this whole thing is nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.

TBH I just love to argue.....and this thread was just ripe for the picking, Like I said originally not that intrested in the subject matter but felt I had some valid points to add.

No.

The forum needs input from members to move forward.

The moderators moderate the members.

That is all.

Interesting thread but it's not going to achieve anything we've made the forum, those who it applies to have access to it and now can contribute to it, and those who don't have access to it still have everything exactly the same as they had before.

Simples.

Reply to Got 3000 posts or more? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net