Discuss Got a cable you think is live but can't find which CB controls it? try this for a laugh in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i have a pair of knipexwith a hole blown in them from when my lad cut through a 6mm T/E. plumber told him it was definitely dead. proves both my beliefs.....

1. lad is daft for not testing before cutting.
2. plumbers are inveterate liars.

I had a pair of CK Combi cutters, was distracted (long story but involved the (not full ticket) son of a hotel manager who was over my shoulder) cut the wrong cable.... Blew a hole in them.
Brought another pair.
The following week, same hotel the painter asked to borrow my new shiny combi cutters and cut through a Pyro cable he thought was dead
Blew a small hole in them.
Still use the today, despite the small nick.

I had a pair of CK Combi cutters, was distracted (long story but involved the (not full ticket) son of a hotel manager who was over my shoulder) cut the wrong cable.... Blew a hole in them.
Brought another pair.
The following week, same hotel the painter asked to borrow my new shiny combi cutters and cut through a Pyro cable he thought was dead
Blew a small hole in them.
Still use the today, despite the small nick.
And the rule is? never lend your tools to anyone especially some numpty painter who wants to cut a cable, what were you thinking RWJ? Oh you weren't thinking, right? o_O:rolleyes:

Reply to Got a cable you think is live but can't find which CB controls it? try this for a laugh in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm probably displaying my ignorance here, but fortunately I'm not one of those people who can't stand to be laughed at! I've been thinking a bit...
Replies
Views
I hope this is the correct thread. I have to replace the main oven selector switch in a Smeg A4-5 cooker. I can't find a proper service manual...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was thinking to use heat shrink to strengthen usb cables where the cable enters the connector. I find the insulation starts to crack...
Replies
Views
Looking for a little advise as I’m not sure what’s happening So I’m looking at moving a two way light switch probably about 100cm away from its...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently moved into house and had an electrician out to install some new lights and shaver point in an en-suite. Problem is that the house is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock