Discuss Hager consumer unit blanks in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That’s the ones. Was a nightmare trying to get them in, then when a did get them in. They were sitting rubbish and forcing the board not to sit over the mcbs
They are for whatever insane French design logic very fiddly to fit with the busbar in place but should sit neatly, one of the main reasons I go out of my way for hagar is they're one of the only manufacturers of consumer units that fit together properly and straight!

Or get some mk blanks instead they fit anything easily. Probably the only decent component they make.

They are fiddly to fit the old style are better for consumer units. The new ones, the end one always seems too wide or won't sit straight.
Had to take the bus bar out to get
They are for whatever insane French design logic very fiddly to fit with the busbar in place but should sit neatly, one of the main reasons I go out of my way for hagar is they're one of the only manufacturers of consumer units that fit together properly and straight!

Or get some mk blanks instead they fit anything easily. Probably the only decent component they make.
had to take the busbar out to get the blanks In and even then still wouldn’t sit great. Will try MK ones

Any of yous had trouble getting the Hager blanks into a dual RCD consumer unit? Couldn’t get them to sit in properly
Yes, they gave me some trouble when I did one last year. Wasn't entirely clear which way up they should go and even then weren't anywhere near as secure as they should be until the front was on....

Still better than the twist in metal blanks that always fall out the second you take the lid off a unit, however careful you are!

Make sure you have them the right way round. One way is for TPN and the other way is for a domestic CU. It is written, poorly IMO, on the blanks.

I think there is a little connecting bit at the bottom that I think is there for shipping or production, if you cut it then it releases the bottom and allows it a small but of movement which you can then clip in the top and press on the bottom spreading the back connector where you cut which then allows you to clip into the busbar.

Sorry not explained it the best.

I think there is a little connecting bit at the bottom that I think is there for shipping or production, if you cut it then it releases the bottom and allows it a small but of movement which you can then clip in the top and press on the bottom spreading the back connector where you cut which then allows you to clip into the busbar.

Sorry not explained it the best.
I know exactly the bit you mean - I broke it on the first one while trying to fit it and had not idea if I was meant to or not....

Reply to Hager consumer unit blanks in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock