Discuss Hager industrial recall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

swl83

-
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard of the recall Hager have done on there 3phase mcb? Had the rep from CEF on the phone yesterday to tell me they have been recalled but he didn't know the problem with them, its any mcb that has been installed since July 2016 have just fitted around 30 of them at my work.

Yes got a call from CEF yesterday all new TypeC 10ka hager MCB have been recalled I hade to order type B instead for now as the job is for next week, I'm going to have to check back and see if I have ordered any for for other jobs , I try and use Schneider when I can

Some of the links to info aren't available so I've attached a pdf.

From the Hager website;

MCB 10kA Recall Policy
Installer Cost Coverage
1.0 Scope

1.1 Policy Purpose
This policy outlines the position of Hager in respect of reimbursing the costs which are incurred with implementing the Recall for the MCB 10kA devices.
1.2 Validity
This policy is valid at the time of issue, but Hager reserve the right to amend or change the content without prior notice. The latest copy of this policy can be found at www.hager.co.uk/67586.htm
2.0 Cost Coverage

2.1 Products yet to be Installed
Hager will cover costs incurred with returning the products to our Telford site.
2.2 Products which are already Installed
Hager will cover the following maximum costs for all boards which are installed and contain the 10kA devices:Costs Incurred Maximum Coverage

Travel Time - total including return journey
£100

Fuel Costs - from registered office to the job site, in line with HMRC guidelines
£0.10 per mile

Inspection for recalled 10kA MCB - per board
£15

Replacement of recalled 10kA MCB, - per device replaced
£15

Out of hours working premium – one off cost, per board
£50

Postage cost to return products to Hager – to be supported by receipt
As incurred

2.3 Additional costs
Any costs outside of the above must be notified and agreed by Hager prior to incurrence. Failure to do so may result in non-payment.
Issued: 6th October 2016
Document Number: 061016

Attachments

• 22326_hager-10ka-installer-mcb-letter---master-2.pdf
    354.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Reply to Hager industrial recall in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock