Discuss Hand warmer review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My hands get extremely cold very quickly even though the rest of me is fine. I have spent a small fortune on different hand warmers, trying them all out for myself as you can't trust the information that comes with the product.

If your hands get cold then read on!

I first tried the zippo hand warmers (left of picture) zippo hand warmer review - Google Search - https://www.google.com/search?q=zippo+hand+warmer+review&oq=zippo+hand&aqs=chrome.2.0j69i57j0l6.4704j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8,

When they work they work for a long time (approx 6 hours)and get to a good temperature. However, they are very unreliable, sometimes they don't light at all and sometimes they go out very quickly. I have tried all the advice on line to keep them going, it did not work. I would not recommend them at all as they will let you down when you most need them.

I used the charcoal hand warmer as well (middle of picture) Charcoal Handwarmers - https://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/Strider-Charcoal-Handwarmer-Case-sku36901601.asp

I used the charcoal hand warmer for a couple of years. It worked 9 times out of 10 as opposed to 6 times out of 10 for the zippo, but that still means 1 in every 10 days of use they let you down leaving your hands cold.

They lasted for around 6 hours and the heat was no where near as good as the zippo, better than nothing though. I could create more heat by lighting both ends of the charcoal stick but this halved the life span of the heat. I now use it as a spare and use the electric one regularly (see below).

The hot rox electric hand warmer is the one I now use (right of picture) Hot Rox Electronic Hand Warmer - Double Sided Heat With Power Bank - https://www.uttings.co.uk/p130821-hot-rox-electronic-hand-warmer-double-sided-heat-with-power-bank-hrds1/?option_id=117107&adwords=true&gclid=CjwKCAiAxMLvBRBNEiwAKhr-nIv465BB3lw5w6ja52huTv9wLKGGTm8lOU8QzGpmYI1-nXD02AntARoCtM0QAvD_BwE

It takes perhaps 2 hours to recharge. It lasts for around 3 hours on high temp and perhaps 4-5 hours on medium temp. Medium temp is just about OK but you really want to use high temp. They work every time! I would recommend this hand warmer. It's important not to get this 'newer model' hot rox mixed up with the older model which is still widely sold. The older model only warms up on one side and is more of an oval shape. The newer model fits in your hand far better and warms up both sides. I have bought 2, one for each pocket! Plus it can be used as a power bank although I have not tried this yet.

Hope this keeps your hands warm over winter :)

Hand warmer review hand warmers - EletriciansForums.net

My hands get extremely cold very quickly even though the rest of me is fine. I have spent a small fortune on different hand warmers, trying them all out for myself as you can't trust the information that comes with the product.

I first tried the zippo hand warmers (left of picture) zippo hand warmer review - Google Search - https://www.google.com/search?q=zippo+hand+warmer+review&oq=zippo+hand&aqs=chrome.2.0j69i57j0l6.4704j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8,

When they work they work for a long time (approx 6 hours)and get to a good temperature. However, they are very unreliable, sometimes they don't light at all and sometimes they go out very quickly. I have tried all the advice on line to keep them going, it did not work. I would not recommend them at all as they will let you down when you most need them.

I used the carbon hand warmer as well (middle of picture)
I used the carbon hand warmer for a couple of years. It worked 9 times out of 10 as opposed to 6 times out of 10 for the zippo, but that still means 1 in every 10 days of use they let you down leaving your hands cold.

They lasted for around 6 hours and the heat was no where near as good as the zippo, better than nothing though. I could create more heat by lighting both ends of the carbon stick but this halved the life span of the heat. I now use it as a spare and use the electric one regularly (see below).

The hot rox electric hand warmer is the one I now use (right of picture) Hot Rox Electronic Hand Warmer - Double Sided Heat With Power Bank - https://www.uttings.co.uk/p130821-hot-rox-electronic-hand-warmer-double-sided-heat-with-power-bank-hrds1/?option_id=117107&adwords=true&gclid=CjwKCAiAxMLvBRBNEiwAKhr-nIv465BB3lw5w6ja52huTv9wLKGGTm8lOU8QzGpmYI1-nXD02AntARoCtM0QAvD_BwE

It takes perhaps 2 hours to recharge. It lasts for around 3 hours on high temp and perhaps 4-5 hours on medium temp. Medium temp is just about OK but you really want your Put your tools downPPPP. to use high temp. They work every time! I would recommend this hand warmer. It's important not to get this 'newer model' hot rox mixed up with the older model which is still widely sold. The older model only warms up on one side and is more of an oval shape. The newer model fits in your hand far better and warms up both sides. I have bought 2, one for each pocket! Plus it can be used as a power bank although I have not tried this yet.

Hope this keeps your hands warm over winter u

View attachment 54529

I used the charcoal hand warmer as well (middle of picture) Charcoal Handwarmers - https://www.outdoorgear.co.uk/Strider-Charcoal-Handwarmer-Case-sku36901601.asp

I used the charcoal hand warmer for a couple of years. It worked 9 times out of 10 as opposed to 6 times out of 10 for the zippo, but that still means 1 in every 10 days of use they let you down leaving your hands cold.

They lasted for around 6 hours and the heat was no where near as good as the zippo, better than nothing though. I could create more heat by lighting both ends of the charcoal stick but this halved the life span of the heat. I now use it as a spare and use the electric one regularly (see below).

It takes perhaps 2 hours to recharge. It lasts for around 3 hours on high temp and perhaps 4-5 hours on medium temp. Medium temp is just about OK but you really want to use high temp. They work every time! I would recommend this hand warmer. It's important not to get this 'newer model' hot rox mixed up with the older model which is still widely sold. The older model only warms up on one side and is more of an oval shape. The newer model fits in your hand far better and warms up both sides. I have bought 2, one for each pocket! Plus it can be used as a power bank although I have not tried this yet.

Hope this keeps your hands warm over winter :)

View attachment 54529
What a load of old tosh, if your hands get cold, put your tools down, shake your hands around until they tingle, carry on working till they get cold again and repeat the procedure, hand warmers indeed, Man up, don't waste your hard earned on useless gimmicky, pricey hand warmers waste of money, use natures remedy, Crikey what are today's trades people coming to? if you work outside, expect to get cold, what next Willy warmers? dress for the environment and learn the old ways, hand warmers indeed?

What a load of old tosh, if your hands get cold, put your tools down, shake your hands around until they tingle, carry on working till they get cold again and repeat the procedure, hand warmers indeed, Man up, don't waste your hard earned on useless gimmicky, pricey hand warmers waste of money, use natures remedy, Crikey what are today's trades people coming to? if you work outside, expect to get cold, what next Willy warmers? dress for the environment and learn the old ways, hand warmers indeed?

Everyone is different mate. Some of the people I know who dive use hand warmers. Some don't. I usually get cold hands as I'm taking pics while swimming about but I'm too cheep to pay for hand warmers. If they do sell willy warmers they will have to do extra small for me.. :laughing:

Everyone is different mate. Some of the people I know who dive use hand warmers. Some don't. I usually get cold hands as I'm taking pics while swimming about but I'm too cheep to pay for hand warmers. If they do sell willy warmers they will have to do extra small for me.. :laughing:
Thought this wa an Electrician's Forum Mate, not a not a deep sea exploration Forum.

In my experience warming your hands makes it worse. The more you warm them the more you need to warm them.
I have worked most of my time outdoors and @Pete999s method is all that I have ever seen used.

Disappointing attitude Pete, although not unexpected :(

can just imagine in the freezing cold, dancing around shaking hands like Larry Greyson on a bad day.

can just imagine in the freezing cold, dancing around shaking hands like Larry Greyson on a bad day.
If it works and your hands get warm, who gives a SH ONE TEE? wouldn't 4 1
[automerge]1576080546[/automerge]
If it works and your hands get warm, who gives a SH ONE TEE? wouldn't 4 1
People are always asking how do I get access to site work? if a bit of cols weather is the problem then maybe they should try something else.

@happyhippydad . Have you tried fingerless woollen gloves. Not ideal , but may help. My wife suffered with cold hands , it is no joke.
it's no joke when missus has cold hands and puts them on me. it's then me what suffers, not her.

@HHD, learned many moons ago , jetskiing through winter. Get your core temp up as high as you can bear, i.e. wear shed loads of layers around your core.
I have more trouble with cables being too cold which 8uggers up my fingers. So get the cables nice and warm too, use of fan heaters and hot air guns show no shame... lol

I too suffer from cold hands. Sometimes it's cold feet. The latter not so often, but harder to cure.
As for hands, i use the Zippo which is my go-to answer on the golf course.

I believe you can get a manual warmer...made of leather...I think it's called a "paddle", and it warms up other areas too...
[automerge]1576097221[/automerge]
...or you could try these

My wife uses these. They do foot version also.
Just open pack, shake and they get warm, not hot but reasonable warm. Reactivate occasionally by shaking so more oxygen can get to the contents. No smell at all. Once only use, but cheap enough to bulk buy and keep in the van / toolbag. Will last about 8 hours.

Poor circulation is her problem and can be painful. Failure to get blood supply to extremities is a medical problem not a weakness. Unfortunately, a bit like a brains failure to sympathise, there is not much you can do about it.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hands-Warmer-Pairs-Cura-Heat-Warmers/dp/B01MSLWTY4

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hot-Hands-Warmer-Cura-Heat-Warmers/dp/B01MSLWTC8

Last edited:
Seems there are a few 'Lukes' around...…..(Paul Newman):(
[automerge]1576106706[/automerge]
Do you shake your willy when it’s cold too
Swinging Blue Jeans.................The Happy Hippy Shake? ;)

Hand warmer review 1576106621816 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Because we are all the same human,warm-blooded articles...any issue regarding cold hands,by those accustomed to work outside,will be circulatory.

We all know the reasons and hobbies,that affect circulation - no point flogging that horse.

Just for you silk palmed,snow-flakes...there are gel-packs,which you set by boiling,and then click a disc,when cool,to react and release the heat. They are quite good.

Also,if you are caught on site,and wish to retain your womanly or manly pride...you can say they are silicone implants,and you are a travelling surgeon,warming them,prior to fitting... :)

My wife has cold hands and once they go white it's a bugger to get them warm again.

If it were me I would have absolutely no problem whatsoever wearing or using whatever was necessary to keep them warm. :)

I wear Dewalt framers gloves for some reason my hands stay warm even when the gloves are wet. :)

I've just found dome toe warmers as well. My toes do get chilly so i'm looking forward to trying them out. They're basically little socks for each toe that you warm up in a microwave and because of the insulating structure of the 'sock' material they can keep your toes warm for up to 2-3 hours. Really looking forward to trying them on Monday as it's going to be a cold one here and I'd like to try and keep my toes cosy.

Reply to Hand warmer review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock