Discuss Hand warmer review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

May I suggest taking up tai ji @happyhippydad, it is a marvellous way to increase circulation. I teach octagenerians tai ji in a support home and the conservative club in Bristol free. I have found within a few months they are all coming back with all sorts of improvement to circulation and other aches and pains and cramps that disappear after even a few weeks. I suggest this as it is a systemic approach to your problem that may have ramifications for your future health also. I do absolutely agree with @plugsandsparks it is very much to do with core temperature which if good will warm the extremities. I am sixty five and do not usually have this problem. It is I think because I wear very good core temperature apparel which ensures a good body temperature. Just a thought.

You are spot on. I think the worst i have experienced was wiring up a shipping container which was being turned into a water treatment plant. It was around this time and around -5C in the container. I had , i think 5 layers on core (all my snowboarding gear) and 2 layers on the legs, 2 layers on the feet. Was holidaying in sweden on a lake, it was -40C - wow that was cold, again you really do have to dress for the occasion.. lol
Simply put if you are getting cold hands and feet, you body is too cold and the blood vessels have closed off blood to the hands and feet to keep the vital organs warm.
No amount of technology will help, TBH, cos the blood has stopped flowing..
Its not really that cold atm, so worth trying to layer up just to see if it works for you....
FWIW, i use thermal vest, regular shirt, thin fleece, thicker fleece, big quilted jacket, russian hat. No gloves required... lol

I've just found dome toe warmers as well. My toes do get chilly so i'm looking forward to trying them out. They're basically little socks for each toe that you warm up in a microwave and because of the insulating structure of the 'sock' material they can keep your toes warm for up to 2-3 hours. Really looking forward to trying them on Monday as it's going to be a cold one here and I'd like to try and keep my toes cosy.
Just had to add, I am joking about the toe muffs, just couldn't resist :D

Reply to Hand warmer review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net