Discuss Has anybody had experience with the Napit Drive scheme in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ive just taken on a van through the Napit drive scheme. Im really impressed with it so far. I have a brand new van for £300/month Inc Vat. no deposit and no payment at the end it allows me to do 24k miles a year in it and i get a brand new van every year. Im just wondered if anyone has any experiance in handing them back? How do they expect the van to be returned seeing as its a workers van? Im really looking for someone who has already taken a van out on this scheme and returned it if possible? I want to know of they were charged for thongs what ot was and how much?

Thanks in advance

James

Ive just taken on a van through the Napit drive scheme. Im really impressed with it so far. I have a brand new van for £300/month Inc Vat. no deposit and no payment at the end it allows me to do 24k miles a year in it and i get a brand new van every year. Im just wondered if anyone has any experiance in handing them back? How do they expect the van to be returned seeing as its a workers van? Im really looking for someone who has already taken a van out on this scheme and returned it if possible? I want to know of they were charged for thongs what ot was and how much?

Thanks in advance

James
Do you have to pay the tax and insurance? Also, would you have to pay for any problems the van has over the year? These may have obvious answers but I have never leased before so would be interested to hear.

As above you should have the terms of return / exchange.
Napit won't own the vans, they'll be leasing them from someone else.

But it won't be any different to any other lease or hire agreement.
Regardless of it being a work van the body and paint will have to be immaculate, no dents or scratches.
It will have to have been serviced / repaired correctly and exactly on time.
Any damage will have to be repaired by approved repairers.

Does that cost include tyres, if not it will probably need to have new tyres when it's returned as well.?

You'll need permission to drill holes inside, for example tool safe or racking or outside for extra locks.

I've driven plenty of leased and hired vans during my employment.

Last edited:
There is no road tax to pay because its a lease. I insure it and fuel it. I also dont have to service it or tyres because i only have it for 1 year so cost wise its amazing just worry about the end costs on damage etc if there is any. My main concern is there are a few scratches on the inside of the van from tools and wondered if this was acceptable.

nevr leased a van in my life. most expensive van i ever has was 2 1/2 year old nissan primastar, a renault trafic in disguise. never again. in the 6 months i had it it spent 3 months broken down and in the dealers for repair.
had my Hiace for close on 5 years now. £1500 in 2015. apart from 2 tyres and new front pads, not spent a penny on it. (excluding oil changes and MOTs). 207,600 miles just clocked.

nevr leased a van in my life. most expensive van i ever has was 2 1/2 year old nissan primastar, a renault trafic in disguise. never again. in the 6 months i had it it spent 3 months broken down and in the dealers for repair.
had my Hiace for close on 5 years now. £1500 in 2015. apart from 2 tyres and new front pads, not spent a penny on it. (excluding oil changes and MOTs). 207,600 miles just clocked.
I think it's largely luck of the draw with van's Tel. I've had my renault trafic for 6 years now. It was an ex AA van. It's never broken down, it's never even done anything wrong on any journey. Had to change the alternator once. It's done 186,000 miles. Very happy with my lovely yellow van :D

depending where you live then getting a new or newer van is going to be a consideration in the next year or so with all these clean air zones coming into force. a £9 or £10 per day charge or £200 a month to go through a town or city then you may as well lease or finance a new van as you will likely save on the maintenance aswell.

When you collected the van or initially inquired about it, didnt they go through all this with you? If they didn’t, I’d be asking myself why, all lease companies, regardless of what you’re leasing are legally obliged to fully outline what their returning conditions are and MUST make this available upon request, they have to accept general wear and tear from a ‘working works van’, so I doubt they’d be worried about any scratches on the inside etc, what do they expect you to do, cover the inside with cotton wool and bubble wrap? Ask them for a copy of their Returns T&C’s.

Will do thanks for the advice. I shall look into it. Im hoping that your right i cant see how you can bubblewrap a working van.
Did you recieve any more information on this James? My van's comming up to 10 years old now so looking at my options.
What did you get and how's it going?

Cheers

I must say 6 months on im still very happy I shall repost after I send the van back but its pretty amazing. after my initial post I called the scheme up and the explained to me that they accept quite a lot of minor wear and tear and accept that its a working van and that inside the back would be used as such. every one I talk to is in amazement at the price etc of this van. I look after it I can drive it as much as I like and don't worry about mileage I got a top ford transit custom crew cab 6 seater van limited trim with android drive system and automatic. It literally has all the bells and whistles. my mate just bought a van that's 8 years old and hes paying £280 for 4 years im paying £320 a month and get a new one every year. currently I am deffinatly going to sign up for a new one after 12 months but by then ill have a better understanding of the costs etc of damage if any. I shall keep you posted but if your a napit customer then I would seriously consider it.

"If something sounds too good to be true... it probably isn't."

So, throwing some rough numbers at this...

If you're paying £320 per month and that includes VAT... the lease company is getting £320/120*100*12 per year... which is £3,200. Lets say the cost of a new van is £20k... with 20% depreciation in Year 1... that's a drop in value of £4,000. This doesn't add up to me... I'm clearly missing something.

In reality, that 20% guess for Year 1 loss is probably very generous... 1 year old transit vans seem to lose about £6k... and I've not even allowed for some profit for the lease co.

I can believe that Ford et al might be keen right now to push new vans out there to shift the stock... but not 6 months ago.
[automerge]1591824676[/automerge]
Did you recieve any more information on this James? My van's comming up to 10 years old now so looking at my options.
Electric ??

Surely that would be the done thing for us electricians ??

I Completely understand this but to give you the true figures I pay 335.95 every 4 weeks.
so slightly different from above this means ill make 13 payments in a year which comes to 4367.35 so a little more but when you consider a top of the range ford transit custom limited is more like +£30k. unbelievable but currently what I am doing

Just stumbled across this post, I leased a van through Napit Drive back in 2016/17.
I found it a really good service, the guy who came to check the van before they took it back absolutely ripped it to shreds so I thought I was going to get a massive bill but i actually didn't pay anything.
I would lease from them again, the only reason I didn't back then was because they couldn't offer me a van for longer than 6 months for what I wanted.

Reply to Has anybody had experience with the Napit Drive scheme in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock