Discuss Have yourself a merry little spark-mas in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
1st of December, it’s littlespark’s version of an advent calander.

One video of a Christmas song from now til 24th
Some classics, some quirky.

Enjoy!

Ps.
You can use the like/dislike buttons to vote for and against each video. But please can I ask you to not add your own videos in replies. This is my top 24.

First today, I’ll explain the ground rules on what is included in my list here…..

1. Just because it was Christmas no.1, doesn’t mean it will be included. So that’s no xfactor winners, charity singles or mr blobby…. And defo no sausage roll songs!

2. A couple I’ll not include for obvious reasons… Two Little Boys and Another Rock and Roll Christmas.

3. No repeated artist or songs… so if I play cliff Richard, or Michael buble…. That’s all you get… one of each.

4. No swearing. Yes, it’s fun… but “Santa Claus, you c***” by kev bloody Wilson will not be here.

So, day 3, you’ve got something I actually received as a Christmas present one year…. On 7” vinyl

I’d have never have thought it, but Ed Sheeran has brought out a Christmas song…. With help by Elton John.
Can you spot the references to other videos?
I see Wham, The Snowman, East17 with Michael macintyre, Johnathan Ross and big narstie… there’s a Wizzard section, the two handled (?) guitar gives me Darkness vibes, there’s a bagpiper (mull of kintyre) and I see mr blobby at the back.
And I can’t unsee Ed Sheeran dancing like he is Mariah carey

Ha, the 1970’s. A nostalgic look at life before health and safety, when racism and sexism was viewed as comedy…. Those were the days🧐

Another classic. Another rock and roll Christmas… no. I said I wasn’t doing that one!

It’s Wizzard.

A few years ago, Radio 1’s Scott Mills tried to write the perfect Christmas single…. With help from his team, and a comedy act called Frisky and Mannish.
It has everything…. Sleigh bells, catchy chorus, meaningful lyrics….

A little bonus. Frisky and Mannish with their version of Baby It’s Cold Outside…

Another oldie…
A nice calm tune, and I didn’t know about all the chatter at the beginning…

Reminds me of a cracker joke best told with a Scottish accent.

What’s the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney?

Bing sings and Walt disnae…

I said no xfactor winners….. but what about a micky tale of those talent shows?
Peter Kay as Geraldine McQueen…..

Another novelty song.

Before Keith Lemon, there was Avid Merrion.
A snapshot of tv life in the early 2000’s, Bo Selecta was just silly. Leigh Francis in a collection of rubber masks, and the most famous celebrities of the time…

I remember this artist first time round in about ‘87. He was nothing special, just another product of the SAW hit factory. A few years of fame, and he disappeared.

Then the internet happened.

It’s relentless. Teenagers sending clips of his video to each other…. Just to say you’ve been “rickrolled”
It was only a matter of time.

This song came out last year. Looks like the video was made in 2001 though.

This album is getting played to death in my house, the wife’s car, the kids phones…. Came out 4 years ago, and they’ve only just discord Sia’s Christmas album…

Only just realised that Ladbaby is trying for Xmas no.1 AGAIN! with a sausage roll based song.
I’m not linking to the video, although it is written about Christmas this time…. It’s because it also Ed Sheeran and Elton John, and I said no repeated artists. It’s the same song as. Day 3, but with pastry based lyrics.

So today is The Darkness. This song is 18 years old! Feeling old yet?

I was going to leave this one until the 24th because it is the best Christmas song ever, but looking at the information, today is the day 21 years ago that Kirsty MacColl sadly died.
So as a tribute…. And, it’s the original lyrics! None of this “you’re cheap and your haggard”

Reply to Have yourself a merry little spark-mas in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock