Discuss Health and Safety infringement? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Not sure where to post this!

Our neighbours are having new sofits and facias fitted. This is what the guys are working from:

H and S 1.jpg

Should they be using a guard rail?

I think so.....

Does that matter?

H&S in the UK applies to all as far as I know.

EDIT: Just been outside - very much UK people.

You are right of course, the reason I asked was a lot of fly by night cowboys do try it on, and sadly some if not most are not British, that's not being racist, it's just a fact of life.
You can't blame them for trying to earn a crust, it's just that the one man band guys aren't policed properly, a quick in and out, like some cowboy Sparkies that are ruining our industry. Sorry for the Rant.

They could wear bubble-wrap suites for safety....... :)

Lean to. Worked on them a dozen or so times. They need a good footing, solid contact with the wall and A BLOODY RAIL!!!

Anyone willing to work on that deserves an injury IMHO.

ps, moved this to the General section for you Murdoch. People need to see it :wink:

You are right of course, the reason I asked was a lot of fly by night cowboys do try it on, and sadly some if not most are not British, that's not being racist, it's just a fact of life.
You can't blame them for trying to earn a crust, it's just that the one man band guys aren't policed properly, a quick in and out, like some cowboy Sparkies that are ruining our industry. Sorry for the Rant.

Most of the firms that go round offering fascia and soffits round my way are exactly that fly by nights....Do as you likeys with 0800 numbers and virtual office space addresses.

It's shocking isn't it. When I had my PV fitted 18 months ago, 4 blokes working of two ladders, just carrying panels up then passing them to the next, they were cavorting around on the roof, one was walking along the ridge with a panel in hand, it would have only taken a gust to knock the idiot off.

What amuses me, is that this neighbour, when we were having our recent extension, was emailing the building control officer, asking who he would need to contact so he could report H&S issues and any planning contraventions.......

Reply to Health and Safety infringement? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net