Discuss Help - new kid on the block trying to set up on own ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

daz24

good morning gents. Just found this gathering and i am in in the process of starting to go on my own. I currently work for a company who do electrical work for retail shops, so basicly all i do is minor works (ballast boy!) although I have done quite a lot of my own work doing up various houses & also work for family/friends. I have applied to go on the domestic installers scheme for niceic as I now have some work lined up - Niceic are telling me that i have all the quals needed (2330 1,2,3 +16 th). What's all this about part p exam ! I thought as soon as you got regestered with niceic you qualified under part p anyway ? They also told me they just need to do one non-notifiable & one notifiable inspection but some literature I have from before says 2 notifiable jobs so I am confused ? Also I want to set up a spreadsheet of work completed to show the assessor but would like to know exactly what info needs to go on this & can I use a normal excel spreadsheet ?

Would appreciate some help please.

daz24, If you are only looking to be registered to a scheme for Part P then it maybe worth you talking with Welcome to ELECSA?

I am not a member of their scheme as my business is full scope, but other electricians that focus purely on the domestic area say that Elecsa (part of ECA) are very good to work with?

Hope this helps

Warren

I wish I had found this site last week as I have already registered with Niceic and have paid my fee - currently awaiting the application pack - Elecsa does look quite good aswell ! Thanks for replying though.

Daz

I wish I had found this site last week as I have already registered with Niceic and have paid my fee - currently awaiting the application pack - Elecsa does look quite good aswell ! Thanks for replying though.

Daz

Hey Daz look at the bright side, the NICEIC are (and it kills me to say it as a NAPIT Member) normally in prime position with the councils so it may do you a favour for work.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Help - new kid on the block trying to set up on own ! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock