Discuss Help please - Is this acceptable? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Can you sketch the layout. I know you say it's a small kitchen but it is where the most appliances live. Four sockets sound inadequate. Talk it through with your spark send him a nice piccy with the layout.

If you have two fit 2 X 2.5 t+e in say 1500mm of 20 mm conduit as long as the cables are straight then they will fit easily with no lube in sight
I agree if the tube is fitted to a wooden wall in a classroom. Lost count of the number of rewires I was involved in, where the buider has jumped the gun and stuck some conduit in and plastered over it, "sparky can get his wires up there no problem"

Shot run in a straight line not a problem perhaps your not gentle enough
How many dead straight runs have you come across in tube chased in and plastered over, only takes a little curve or deviation to spoil your day imo.

No problem with this

In fact you could go one step further and run in the cables to the various points and take the legs back to the board

Ready for the sparks to connect up
Youll have the union reps on you for that one.

No problem with this

In fact you could go one step further and run in the cables to the various points and take the legs back to the board

Ready for the sparks to connect up
Youll have the union reps on you for that one.
How will the "Sparks" be able to be sure the cabling has been installed correctly, and sign it off as satisfactory? this is a kitchen.

Pull it out, have a look and pop it back, if he's inclined to do so, I doubt he will be though.

If the job is small and as simple as the OP states then a cooperative, busy Spark would be only to happy to assist in making easier for all.

Some of the miserable old curmudgeons on here are a different story though.:p

What? in these cut throat days?
True Pete, all those 17l970s strikes for having no bog roll have seriously buggered it up for all that followed.

If you have two fit 2 X 2.5 t+e in say 1500mm of 20 mm conduit as long as the cables are straight then they will fit easily with no lube in sight

Just done that on a job, 20mm conduit straight into boxes, builder dot n dabbed over, plastered, then I cabled ready for 2nd fix.

Good luck getting 25mm conduit into your backboxes.

Reply to Help please - Is this acceptable? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock