Discuss Help Please! Need a little help with notifying DNO! in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

Just about to carry out my first EV charger install at the end of the month and im filling out the DNO notification form

Im just stuck on the section about 'has this service capacity been verified by the DNO?'

I have undertaken a load survey and all in we are at about 80A so above the 60A threshold

Whats the best way to go about getting the capacity verified ?

The area is Basildon, Essex

Is there an email or do i have to call them or what, doesnt really explain too well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi all

Just about to carry out my first EV charger install at the end of the month and im filling out the DNO notification form

Im just stuck on the section about 'has this service capacity been verified by the DNO?'

I have undertaken a load survey and all in we are at about 80A so above the 60A threshold

Whats the best way to go about getting the capacity verified ?

The area is Basildon, Essex

Is there an email or do i have to call them or what, doesnt really explain too well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
I don't know if it has changed, but you used to fill the application form in and send it to the DNO.

They would then verify it.

It's just asking the question.
There's only 2 possible answers, the most likely being No. (unless you know it has been verified)

That one is different than the one I am using, but they both say if the max demand is over 60a you have to verify the supply?

I have attached a photo of the sheet I have

Attachments

• Help Please! Need a little help with notifying DNO! BDFC0D24-FAAE-47A8-9F10-83E742A2DFE0 - EletriciansForums.net
    BDFC0D24-FAAE-47A8-9F10-83E742A2DFE0.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 21
You need to submit the form to the DNO, they will check capacity.

You suggest 100A.

How old is the property?

Is it an older type meter?

These are usually 80A max , the newer "smart" (sic) ones are indeed 100A

That's a badly worded statement after the question.
Only the DNO can verify their supply, only they know what capacity is available locally in their network

I think it should read "You must check that the relevant DNO have verified the service capacity prior to installation if MD > 60amp"

You need to submit the form to the DNO, they will check capacity.

You suggest 100A.

How old is the property?

Is it an older type meter?

These are usually 80A max , the newer "smart" (sic) ones are indeed 100A
It’s ok in that regard, it’s a new build PME 100a main cut out but the MD is 80amp odd

That's a badly worded statement after the question.
Only the DNO can verify their supply, only they know what capacity is available locally in their network

I think it should read "You must check that the relevant DNO have verified the service capacity prior to installation if MD > 60amp"
Thank you I hope that’s the case it would make sense, that’s the whole point of me giving them the form in the first place isn’t it

This page gives you the contact details for all the DNO's, if they decide to do a load check it can take weeks. If you're booked in before, you can lock of the circuit after testing or limit the charge point to something like 13A till they give you the OK
Distributor ID is first 2 digits of the mpan number

Or just use 105

For fuse rating /capacity put unknown unless you have documented evidence of what the fuse is, or recent meter change where it was confirmed.
For max demand i generally always put 60 if 16mm tails as i will have fitted a ct clamp with load management, if 25mm tails likely 80A
DNOs are pretty sensible about it to be honest and dont over think it.

Reply to Help Please! Need a little help with notifying DNO! in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock