Discuss Help to change Honeywell Thermostat Back in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Daz134

-
Reaction score
Hello

I need to put back a Honeywell Thermostat. There is 3 wires and a earth

I have placed the current thermostat wiring in image one and in image to is the new Honeywell thermostat that i want to put back in place.

Please could some one tell me where the three wires go on the second image IE the Honeywell thermostat

Just to confirm its the 2nd image I would like the wiring for as its the 2nd image I will be using going forward and installing

Thanks

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211130_083255.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211130_083114.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 5
The reason I asked about model number is that the different versions have different configurations, as below.

As you can see from the top left circuit in the diagram below
Permanent live, the brown wire in "COM", goes to Honeywell terminal 1 (the most right-hand terminal)
Switched live, the black wire with brown sleeve in "NO", goes to Honeywell terminal 3
The grn/yel sleeved earth wire obviously goes to the earth parking terminal on the left.
The remaining black, likely Neutral, is not needed, and is best isolated in a Wago or choc block, but could be parked in one of terminals 2 or 4, only if you are absolutely certain the terminal you use is not connected to anything else.

C9B8F1A1-7670-4054-9E84-E836AAEE6E54.png

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for getting back to me its showing that the model is a T40

Thanks
OK Thanks for that.
It's as I described in my post above, except the black, sorry Grey, wire definitely goes in terminal 2, as you have the 'anticipator' version.
I'm concerned to make absolutely certain I'm reading your wire colours correctly.
Going back to your 'as is' pic, can you confirm "NO" is brown sleeved black, "COM" is brown, on the right is grey, then the green/earth sleeve? If that is the case, the connections to the T40 are as below

Brown wire in "COM", goes to Honeywell terminal 1 (the most right-hand terminal)
Black wire with brown sleeve in "NO", goes to Honeywell terminal 3
Grey, currently next to the earth wire, goes to Honeywell terminal 2.
Grn/yel sleeved earth wire obviously goes to the earth parking terminal on the left.

3EDDB9EF-FA5C-4CC6-9079-F5F7ADE482F7.png

Last edited:
HI

Thanks for getting bakc to me

I can confirm that NO is a black cable with a brown sleeve.
COM is just a Brown Cable
ON the right its just all grey
and then the earth

I can confirm that NO is a black cable with a brown sleeve.
COM is just a Brown Cable
ON the right its just all grey
and then the earth
Thanks
Thats what I meant 😀
I wrote by mistake "confirm "NO" is brown sleeved black" Duh🤭
I meant the other way round of course!

So what I put in my last post number 5 is correct - you're good to go.

I'm not assuming connections from the colours - that's shown by the way the existing stat is wired.
I just didn't want to give you information that could be mis-interpreted because I'd named a colour in the photo wrongly.

Hope all is clear

Sorry about the late reply

Thanks for all your help. I only just got around to doing it as I have only just moved house.

Everything worked perfectly and worked exactly as you said.

Could you help me with the one. I have got ot the new house and want to add my tado thermostat but not sure about the wiring.

I have am ideal logic combo esp1 35 boiler

I want to add the tado and there are only two wires in the existing thermostat. I have added the picture of the existing thermostat and the picture of the tado.

Could you tell me where the two wires from the first picture on the original goes into the tado thermostat on the second picture

Thanks again

Attachments

• 20211221_090634.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211222-074313_Chrome.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 10
Com and N/O

either way round makes no difference

The reason I asked about model number is that the different versions have different configurations, as below.

As you can see from the top left circuit in the diagram below
Permanent live, the brown wire in "COM", goes to Honeywell terminal 1 (the most right-hand terminal)
Switched live, the black wire with brown sleeve in "NO", goes to Honeywell terminal 3
The grn/yel sleeved earth wire obviously goes to the earth parking terminal on the left.
The remaining black, likely Neutral, is not needed, and is best isolated in a Wago or choc block, but could be parked in one of terminals 2 or 4, only if you are absolutely certain the terminal you use is not connected to anything else.

View attachment 92552
Hi its a

t3h110a

Thanks

Hello

Can any one confirm that from what I'm guessing from what's been said above I can put either the black or the brown in either the com and N/O

Thanks

Hello

Can any one confirm that from what I'm guessing from what's been said above I can put either the black or the brown in either the com and N/O

Thanks
correct. I would put the brown in COM and the black in N/O. 👍
But as said, it will work either way round.

The "Agree" to your post #11 was intended to confirm that!

Reply to Help to change Honeywell Thermostat Back in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net