Discuss Help wiring bore hole pump in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fivestar

At at customer today and his bore hole pump was tripping RCD, measured 1500 ohms from live to earth so must be faulty. Current pump is simple live, neutral earth connection in standard colours. He has a second hand replacement pump which works apparantly however the wiring has stumped me. It states on case that it is 230v single phase 50Hz 4.8A 3/4 HP pump. So far so good, but it has 3 wires coming from it Red, Yellow and Blue (none of which are earthed to casing). I got a reading of 5 ohms Blue - Yellow 12 ohms Red - Yellow and 16 ohms Red - Blue. I think it needs some sort of capacitor start but how do I wire it up, any help would be appreciated.

No - it clearly states on the case that it is 230v single phase. I believe it needs a capacitor starter unit - just not sure how to wire it all up

Manufacturer is Godwin - have fiired an e-mail across to them for help. I think from what I have gleaned from the net - that there is probably two windings a starter winding and a running winding. There is no float switch as the pump is permenantly submerged - demand is controlled via remote float switch on tank.

Thanks for that Gary - thats kinda what I was figuring - I guess that the reading I am getting tie in with that - Starter winding 12 ohms (Red - Yellow) and running winding 5 ohms (Blue - Yellow) - Do you know if there is a generic starter box I could use?

hi

yes any control box of that type should work as long as the capacitors and overload are rated the same as the motor
there is a place near me you could give a ring they are called penstar pumps and the guy you need to speak to is paul. telephone number is 01239841458, they should have plenty on the shelf and i'm sure they could send one to you.
hope this will help

regards
gary

Reply to Help wiring bore hole pump in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net