Discuss Help with a light fixture!!! Please in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

TOM2425

DIY
Reaction score
Hey good afternoon guys.
I have a question about the wiring of a light fixture in my house. There was an older light here that is controlled by two different switches(one located in the hallway and one located in the bedroom.) I removed the old fixture and this was how the wiring was. Using my voltage tester I know that one of the white is hot when the switches are turned on and the The other is neutral. My concern is doesn’t both incoming cables have to have a dedicated neutral?? I don’t want to just reword a new light switch the same way as this if it is dangerous. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• 34C57AB6-8788-41DB-8A47-3143A7B471F6.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 12
It is probably fine as the white is being used as the switch hot.

Reply to Help with a light fixture!!! Please in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Replacing a light fixture in an older home. The ceiling box has two cables, each with a hot and a neutral (photo attached). The old fixture had...
Replies
Views
Info: Located in US I have a 48” T8 fixture that I recently added LED’s by removing the ballast and wiring directly. After doing so when hanging...
Replies
Views
Led light fixture went dim. I replaced it with a new fixture and it won’t power on. I have 120v with a multimeter at the wire. When I wire up the...
Replies
Views
Made the massive mistake of not taking a photo beforehand and am now stuck with a light fixture that I'm not sure how to wire. I'd removed an old...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock