Discuss Help With Electrical Installation Course in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

michaelanderson

Hi im trying to find a basic electrical installation book that tells you all the basics. I got basic electrical installation by trevor linsley but its a long book to go with the course c&g 2330. The book im looking for is to practice the basics before my assesment day at college(trying to do course c&g 2330 level 2) as i have a BPEC written exam(dont know what that is) and a written exercise. Anything you could tell me about any of this would be a great. Like what to expect at assement day? What is Bpec written exam? What would be a good basic electrical installation book or cd/dvd? I would like to thank you all in advance:)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mate

i am on my 2nd year of the 2330, i have 2 books the trevor linsley one you mentioned and a brain scaddan one, both are quite long and to my knowledge there is no smaller one, the course does cover quite a bit of stuff.

as for your asesment is it the practical assesment you mean?

the trevor linsley book is actually really good. a few hours a week you'll be through the book. There's also some test pages in there to help you out.

hi mate

i am on my 2nd year of the 2330, i have 2 books the trevor linsley one you mentioned and a brain scaddan one, both are quite long and to my knowledge there is no smaller one, the course does cover quite a bit of stuff.

as for your asesment is it the practical assesment you mean?
Hi i have found another book by trevor linsley "An introduction to electrical installation work" What ive got on my assesment day is:

PowerPoint Presentation
BPEC Written Test
A Written Exercise
One To One Interview

Just wanted to know what to expect and what is a BPEC Written Test? Cheers Mike

i never had any of that when i started my 2330, have you just left school?

i would think the test might have quite a bit of maths in it and maybe some ohms law, but im only guessing tbh mate

i never had any of that when i started my 2330, have you just left school?

i would think the test might have quite a bit of maths in it and maybe some ohms law, but im only guessing tbh mate
no left school in 2003

Strange, all I had to do to get on my 2330 was enrol, take along exam certs so they could see I was up to it and a 2 mnute interview to show them I can speak English and not Polish as my mother tongue

Thanks everyone for your help passed the assesment test today with 93% mark:) And i start the course in september:D

Strange, all I had to do to get on my 2330 was enrol, take along exam certs so they could see I was up to it and a 2 mnute interview to show them I can speak English and not Polish as my mother tongue

didnt even have to do that. i just had to do 2 computer tests an english and maths then i got my enrolement date.

Reply to Help With Electrical Installation Course in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock