Discuss Hi, EAL vs C&G on 18th edition in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mjf

-
Reaction score
Hi, new member to the forum.

Started on the 16th edition but haven't done any regs edition tests since the start of the 17th. As I changed to do LV & HV cable jointing. But still like to keep up with the regs. Looking at my local college they still offer the BS 7671 courses but not city and guilds they offer EMTA /EAL. I have never heard of them, is this the new C&G?

Brand recognition thing.....bit like niceic, although I believe the c&g exam is harder....and I’ve never seen EAL qualified on someones van but seen plenty of C&G qualified stickers

I've done one AEL domestic installers course about 8 years ago. Not happy with the course I re did it with city and guilds. All my other electrical quals are through city and guilds.

I found the content in AEL more relevant than the city and guilds, but was let down by poor teaching which is why I did the course again at another teaching venue.

Reply to Hi, EAL vs C&G on 18th edition in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

ECS EXPERIENCED WORKER CARD HOLDER Certification. C&G 2382-22 Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018...
Replies
Views
Does anyone else get emails and phone calls from companies and agencies say we seen your CV and we want you to apply for our job. And when you...
Replies
Views
Hi guys,I have 2 questions,I have 16th edition and would like to get 18th(been abroad for last 10yrs),do I need to do full edition or is there a...
Replies
Views
Experienced Electrician, C&G 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM 1 & 2 18th Edition Am 2. (JIB Gold Card) I've been out of the trade for some time, but did a...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm Charlie, I have recently done my 18th edition and got enrolled on night classes for Level 2 C&G Electrical intallations. I currently work...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock