Discuss Hive receiver connections to Vaillant boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

cover of the front boiler what a load of tat.
A lot of modern boilers draw the outside air for combustion in to the boiler body before it enters the combustion chamber. The body of the boiler is sealed at all pipe and cable entry points and the front cover has a continuous seal around it so that room air can't be drawn in.

We had a new boiler about 6 months ago and I asked the plumber about it- he said that you are supposed to be Gas Safe registered (or no doubt considered competent in some other way) to remove the front cover on this type of boiler. He said that as long as you fit the cover back on correctly, there shouldn't be a problem but he couldn't advise you to do this yourself...

Having said that, a different Gas Safe plumber put the cover back on our old boiler a few years ago and didn't seat the seal properly leaving a big old gap, so either way, you take your chances...

Last edited:
Feeling better now? Are you perhaps one of those unpaid professionals you refer to? Maybe you could have provided the information I seek in the same number of keystrokes it took you to type the above but it's much better to make yourself feel superior, isn't it? As I said, I am intending to have professional installation but was just interested in what goes where, but never mind, clearly no help to be had here. There was me thinking that internet forums were places where one could seek help, silly me. Oh, and by the way, if you feel inclined to respond I just thought you might like to know that I wont see it, I'm done with this forum, frustrating isn't it?
Funny how your original message ends with you saying that you appreciate any help and when someone gives you good advice and is a great help you then spit your dummy out. You could end up killing innocent people if you mess around with gas and electricity especially mixed together. Don't be stupid and pay someone to do the job safely it won't cost more than £100.

im about to install a hive to my boiler ecotec

remove the link between rt

hive reciver L N E for power same supply as boiler spur

RT to 3 on hive reciver (rt feed next to L N E

Live to 1 on reciver

from what i see there will be 3 L going into the boiler with reciver wired

please confim im correct b4 i get my screw driver out
Hey, did this end up being the correct setup? About to jump into my Ecofit Pure and try similar?

Reply to Hive receiver connections to Vaillant boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net