Discuss Horstmann Centaurstat 7 Room Thermostats and Heating Programmers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to either replace or add a thermostat to my Heating Programmer which only has basic functions of On/Off, Timer and Boost.. Can a thermostat be connected to the programmer wiring or do I have to replace the programmer entirely with the thermostat and if so, is the wiring that’s already being ran to the programmer the same wiring required for a thermostat?

Hope that makes sense any help is appreciated thank you!

Does this control hot water as well?
Pics of the programmer would be useful, or at least its make and model.
I’m afraid this is the only photo I have at the minute, but yes it does control hot water as well.. I’ve been looking at this unit as it seems to fit the criteria if you’d like to take a look?

Horstmann Centaurstat 7 Room Thermostat - https://www.screwfix.ie/p/horstmann-centaurstat-7-room-thermostat/12157#product_additional_details_container

If you go the specs there’s also an instruction manual and I’ve attached the screenshot of the wiring setup I believe would be correct, If not obviously inform me thank you!

Am I correct in assuming this would allow the programmer to still function for both the heating and hot water while also integrating the Centaur to adjust temperature?

Appreciate you taking the time to reply

Attachments

• AAA40EE6-2B5C-482B-B1EB-9C10E38B85DD.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 0A98761E-3E38-4471-AF7B-F6B0CB1A2AE9.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 10
This is a programmable room stat, which, if used to take advantage of its features, would require considerable alterations to the plumbing of your heating system.
What, exactly, are you trying to achieve, if you fit this 'stat?
Do you have thermostatic radiator valves? Do you have a wall mounted room 'stat somewhere in your house? Often found in a hallway.

Reply to Horstmann Centaurstat 7 Room Thermostats and Heating Programmers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net