Discuss Hosting a Ukraine family : EICR ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Been reading about what a UK family etc has to go through before they are allowed to Host a Ukraine Family .Gas safe check , EICR ? , Monoxide detectors , Security checks etc etc .Even MIN size of room for a kid etc !

Anyone been asked to do a Electrical test on a property for this reason ???

Been reading about what a UK family etc has to go through before they are allowed to Host a Ukraine Family .Gas safe check , EICR ? , Monoxide detectors , Security checks etc etc .Even MIN size of room for a kid etc !

Anyone been asked to do a Electrical test on a property for this reason ???
Hello Luke.

This is Town Hall Think gone mad. The town hall berks are using their standard checklists normally used for accommodating people from UK Cardboard City. These checklists should be binned for the Ukrainian refugee situation and replaced with a single-line checklist:

1) Is the accommodation on offer here safer than the alternative in the Ukraine which is currently being bombed, shelled, has no water, no electricity, no gas, no heating nor sanitation, and several corpses and dead animals in the garden?

It's not hard to work out the answer, even the Town Hall berks would be able to use this checklist.

Strewth!

Hello Luke.

This is Town Hall Think gone mad. The town hall berks are using their standard checklists normally used for accommodating people from UK Cardboard City. These checklists should be binned for the Ukrainian refugee situation and replaced with a single-line checklist:

1) Is the accommodation on offer here safer than the alternative in the Ukraine which is currently being bombed, shelled, has no water, no electricity, no gas, no heating nor sanitation, and several corpses and dead animals in the garden?

It's not hard to work out the answer, even the Town Hall berks would be able to use this checklist.

Strewth!

I guess the same question could be asked for people living on the street: 'Is the accommodation safer than a street?'.

On the radio today it said a host family had been rejected because their sockets were not regulation height!
Of course Jeremy Vine likes to pick out the extremes, but it does sound like there is a lot of red tape.

so good enough for tax payers and citizens of the UK....... but Not good enough for people who just want to feel safe !

We don't want those peaple living in carbage bins like some landlords, we have room at the bottom of a garden shed, those people need help the f&&King Country gone made from a bomb shelter
To carbord box.

On the radio today it said a host family had been rejected because their sockets were not regulation height!
Of course Jeremy Vine likes to pick out the extremes, but it does sound like there is a lot of red tape.
Heard this one on the radio today and it made me dispair of the morons and jobsworths that are running our local councils

But are they morons, is it true, or just an isolated case blown up to make a news story in one specific council area, I have two flats that now house refugees and there where no particular onerous hurdles to jump through, I just hope that at the end of the contract they go peacefully.

Same with a cousin of mine - took a property off the market to offer as accommodation and there were no impediments.

be fair to the town hall bureacrats. they need to justify their huge salaries and pension funds. they fell off the last bandwagon, (brew your own covid vaccine and make millions) so need to climb on the current interest.

But are they morons, is it true, or just an isolated case blown up to make a news story in one specific council area, I have two flats that now house refugees and there where no particular onerous hurdles to jump through, I just hope that at the end of the contract they go peacefully.

Mike is right. Most of these sort of stories will have been picked out by sensationalist reporters to give 'good' headlines.

Mike is right. Most of these sort of stories will have been picked out by sensationalist reporters to give 'good' headlines.
similar with the partygate report. i don't think 10 Downing St. has a gate into the garden, so what's the crack with these marmalade reporters?

Just read a report that since the start of the conflict (if you can call it that) the EU has handed Russia €35 billion (£30 billion) for Gas since the invasion began, so much for the unity of the Union.

Just read a report that since the start of the conflict (if you can call it that) the EU has handed Russia €35 billion (£30 billion) for Gas since the invasion began, so much for the unity of the Union.

Hardly surprising. Especially with countries such as Germany with the amount of Russian gas they use. They can't just build a set of nuclear power stations in a few weeks.

Germany are buying approximately €800m of gas from Russia every day.

Hardly surprising. Especially with countries such as Germany with the amount of Russian gas they use. They can't just build a set of nuclear power stations in a few weeks.

It's a difficult situation for Germany, but one of their own making and one which they were repeatedly warned about. There are two videos doing the rounds in which Trump warned them, several years back, about their reliance on Russian energy and the situation they were creating for themselves. Naturally enough his words were ignored and in one of the videos German representatives laughed at him, although I'm sure they aren't laughing now. It wasn't only Trump who sounded such warnings, but it appears as though German decisions were made purely on economic terms and they now face tough decisions due previous, single minded policies.

Hitler would have .

There are two videos doing the rounds in which Trump warned them, several years back, about their reliance on Russian energy and the situation they were creating for themselves. Naturally enough his words were ignored and in one of the videos German representatives laughed at him
Well considering how much Trump was a fan of Putin is it had to take him seriously on that matter.

But everyone else was saying the same to Germany and they chose to ignore it, and also to bend to the greens wanting rid of the nuclear power (so they imported dirty power from elsewhere - cause that was clearly making Germany "green"!).

I guess they thought such a war in Europe would not happen again in their lifetimes so go with the cheapest option. Sadly that proved to be a bad gamble and putting their economy's nuts in Russia's vice probably emboldened Putin as well as they can't do so much in retaliation.

All very sad.

Reply to Hosting a Ukraine family : EICR ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net