Discuss Hot Tub Thermal Cut Out (Over Temperature) Cleverspa in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shep65

-
Reaction score
Hi, The heater over temp protection (bi-metal) switch on my Cleverspa has failed open circuit. If I link it out, the heater still works. As expected, the manufacturer hasn't replied. So, can anybody advise the type / part number if this part; or advise the temperature at which this over-temp device should open, so that I can match a replacement. The maximum normal operating temp is 42 degs C, I'm assuming that there is some safety margin above this, before the cut-out protects the heater? Thanks, Shep.

The over-temp protection is usually non-resettable because if it blows it usually means there's another fault that's caused it to happen. Just replacing the thermal fuse without sorting out the underlying problem will mean there's a high liklihood it will blow again and possibly more damage may occur.

Rather persist with contacting the manufacturer or a local agent and get the OEM replacement part.

The over-temp protection is usually non-resettable because if it blows it usually means there's another fault that's caused it to happen. Just replacing the thermal fuse without sorting out the underlying problem will mean there's a high liklihood it will blow again and possibly more damage may occur.

Rather persist with contacting the manufacturer or a local agent and get the OEM replacement part.
Hi, thanks for reply. Have been through circuits, all OK, so a faulty bi-metal cut out appears to be the problem. It won't reset when cool, even when removed. I've seen such a number if times in 40+ years' experience. If I bridge it out, all works ok, though I don't want to operate like that. No numbers or temp on removed switch, hence my question. Cheers.

Reply to Hot Tub Thermal Cut Out (Over Temperature) Cleverspa in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net