• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss How do I mount an outdoor electrical box to line in mast? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Admin
@Megawatt - should he be doing this? Seems a bit full on!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
replace burnt out security light.

pic existing mast with cable tv and old burnt out lamp

IMG_20190917_122307.jpg

Megawatt

-
Arms
Is that why you are wanting to install a box to the service mast ?
Since it seems that you already have a box up there why do you want a new one. I would suggest you find another place. Never seen a box mounted on a service mast before

Mounting anything on the mast runs afoul of most PoCo's rules, and is quite foolish just because of the fact there is no overcurrent protection at all on those conductors, as there are no fuses or circuit breakers on the secondary of a PoCo transformer. If I spent a little bit of time could come up with a NEC article prohibiting it too.

Reply to How do I mount an outdoor electrical box to line in mast? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom