Discuss How long does a FULL RE-WIRE take? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

is it a standard basic rewire or something more elaborate? what does your contract say re:time scale etc.

Standard re-wire, although one room has spotlights? We don't have a contract as such, just been going on verbal agreement... We were thinking of cutting back monies based on each further day we're delayed. Please advise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you asked what the delay is?

Has he been on site every day?

He's saying that he keeps getting dragged onto other things, but in all honesty - they just seem like excuses for the sake of it. He has taken random days off to do other jobs 4 - 5 days in total over the couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I was slow 3 weeks including full emerg lights and LD1 Grade A fire alarm system for 7 beds (2 of us)

Standard rewire of 4 bed house would probably take me alone 3 weeks, did a 2 bed the other week in 4 days on my own, it does vary from house to house and on existing chases/boxes

Last edited:
Hmmm TBH im not really sure what you can do.

All i can think is to pay him up to date, and try and find someone else to finish.

Have paid him 50% of the agreed fee so far, plus costs of £900 for the wiring, back casing & basic sockets (does this seem right?). Had held back the remainder until completion of the 2nd fix!??

Reply to How long does a FULL RE-WIRE take? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In 2019, I had a lot of renovation work done including a full re-wire of our three storey house. Before the re-wire was finished, we parted...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes! I'm over 50 and not working at the moment (semi retired) but I'd like to get...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock