Discuss How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a multi-manifold underfloor heating system. The multi-zone manifolds all operate nicely turning things on and off as appropriate according to the main timer and the zone thermostats. The single zone doesn't listen to the thermostat and only obeys the central timer (ie on or off according to the timer only).

Firstly I should say the wiring centres are different. The multi-zone centres are both clearly labelled and it's obvious what the different bits do, but it is not so with the single zone centre, which looks like the main wiring centre by the boiler.

Here are some photos:

Multi-zone centres (fully operational):
How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 20.15.40(2) - EletriciansForums.net
Single-zone centre (partly operational):
How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 20.15.40(1) - EletriciansForums.net
Other parts of the single-zone setup:

How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 20.15.41 - EletriciansForums.net How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 20.15.41(1) - EletriciansForums.net How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 20.15.40 - EletriciansForums.net How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system WhatsApp Image 2019-04-18 at 20.15.40(3) - EletriciansForums.net

What do you think is the problem? Any help or ideas gratefully received.

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve
The 2 x 3 core cables, what are they?
Is one to a room stat and the other from the programmer?

If so they need splitting up so the programmer doesn’t control the manifold..
The programmer switch needs to be feeding the room stat..

As above they should not be together. Feed to programmer, programmer feeds room stat then use switch live from room stat to control

The 2 x 3 core cables, what are they?
Is one to a room stat and the other from the programmer?

You mean they grey ones? I guess so. I'll work out which is which.
As above they should not be together. Feed to programmer, programmer feeds room stat then use switch live from room stat to control

Thanks for your responses.

Will the thermostat in this configuration be wired differently from the thermostats on the multi-zone manifolds?

Steve

Is that thermostat the same as all the others?
Omnie perhaps? Looking at the control centre
Flomasta.
How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system IMG_20190419_100047 - EletriciansForums.net
But thinking about it more, it probably doesn't matter which way round it goes, if I take either of the outputs (is that the black one with a brown sleeve?) and connect it to the other gey one with the blue sleeve(?) not sure about the colours, in a free connector. Then timer/stat or stat/timer, it probably makes no difference.

What do you think?

But which colour is which?

Thanks,

Steve.

Hi Steve
I think it’s time to get the sparks back in..
Based on what you have said I can’t really give you anymore information.
Step by step rules and what not

So this is the solution I came up with.

- Live from timer, left floating
- Switch from timer, thermostat live
- Thermostat switch, ufh.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Steve.

Reply to How to connect a single zone manifold into a multi-manifold system in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock