Discuss How to Remove Top of Electric Range in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rayzen

DIY
Reaction score
I have an electric, slide-in range, GE model JSP42DN2WW, that continually shows a hot surface light on, although the surface is not actually hot. After going to YouTube, I can see that the problem most likely lies in one of the burner's limiters being stuck. The YouTube video is a good one, clearly showing how to check each burner with a multimeter and then how to correctly install a new limiter. That parts appears to be beyond easy.

However, the hard part is not the actual repair, but rather just getting to the burners, as I cannot figure out how to lift the top off that range in order to gain access to the burners. It is a glass top, so I am a little gun shy about handling it, for fear of cracking the glass. The guys who installed the range already crack a small corner of it, when putting the stove in; however, it was only a small crack, so we just let it go and it has been fine for these past six years, no problem.

I have searched further on YouTube for a good description of just how to remove that top, but, so far, have only found explanations of removing other brands and models, most of them older, hence my coming to this forum.

Is there anyone who would be so kind as to explain how to remove the top of this range? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to How to Remove Top of Electric Range in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm fitting one of the Apex 7S units on Friday. I'd avoided the original range after a couple of bad experiences but I figured a new model might...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My 1 and half Smeg cooker recently tripped when using the main fan oven. It was during quite a long period of cooking a roast. We reset...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
I have Curry's Essential tabletop dishwasher model CDWTT115 for nearly five years. Earlier this year my machine have stopped running during a wash...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock