Discuss How to reset boiler Horstmann 7 Economy? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electronic or manual version?
[automerge]1600621917[/automerge]
If it’s the electronic hold down the Boost, Plus Minus and Select buttons together to reset the unit. You will have to reset the programmes and times most likely.

Electronic or manual version?
[automerge]1600621917[/automerge]
If it’s the electronic hold down the Boost, Plus Minus and Select buttons together to reset the unit. You will have to reset the programmes and times most likely.

it is manual version

Attachments

• 8D5AD4F9-89B7-42A6-9A50-20C46B2678F9.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 7
As far as I can see there is nothing to reset in the controller.
It is designed to be capable of controlling two elements, one immersion for off-peak, and the other for boost. If your water does not get hot from the off-peak setting, but does get hot on the boost setting, you may have a fault in the off-peak immersion heater.

That may not be the explanation, but worth checking.2C64E799-8CDE-4E2E-94B7-F893AB0FE003.png

As suggested above, the immersion may be broken, or the thermostat could be stuck, or the overheat trip may have operated. Its easy to test if you have a multimeter. Or you could swop the immersion connections over and see if the boost will operate the bottom Immersion and heat the whole tank.

Anything else is guesswork. As above, it’s usually the Horstmsnn that dies.

Reply to How to reset boiler Horstmann 7 Economy? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Yesterday moved my Mum into her new bungalow. The Hortsmann had been off for a few months I suspect. The boost worked, but nothing happened...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an Economy 7 storage heater Dimplex CXL24N - 3.4kW Storage Heater + Convector ( there not available anymore) that dos'nt work and...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone maybe able to help. We have a Horstmann electronic 7 that's connected to the water heater element(everything been great for years)...
Replies
Views
I have been living in my two bed apartment alone for three years and can never get the settings on my horstmann boiler so that I have enough hot...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock