Discuss How to wire a 2 gang intermediate switch. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for a little advise on how to wire in a 2 gang intermediate switch.
I'm doing a first fix on a house extension and it's 3 storey.
I was going to put 2 way 2 gang switch down stairs, to operate ground and middle floor.
Then put 2 gang intermediate switch on middle floor and I want it to operate top floor as well as the middle floor.
Is this possible to do.
My original plan was to do 2 way switching circuits from ground floor to middle floor. Then top floor to middle floor, all with 2 gang switch so top floor and ground floor has 1 way switching.
Hopefully it makes sense to you guys.
Appreciate any help or wiring plans on the 2 gang intermediate switch.

Regards David

It's for someone else. Some one said about using 2 gang intermediate switch. I thought, that's not a bad idea. But when I looked at it, I wasn't sure about it. If you can help, I'd appreciate it.

Appreciate any help or wiring plans on the 2 gang intermediate switch.
It sounds like you already know how to do 2 way switching.
Whichever variation you use, 2 way switching has wire linking L1 and L2 at one switch to L1 and L2 at the other switch (respectively).

A 3rd switch literally sits in the middle (and needs to be an intermediate switch that has four terminals).
See:

Reply to How to wire a 2 gang intermediate switch. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, currently doing a job at a house where there are 3 switches In the hallway to control the hall lights. All 1 gang switches, one at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to install a Quinetic double gang in line receiver switch (QURS2W) in my hallway on the ground floor to control the lights...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock